SAU Community

Poker At Skycity

moose_r33

Just wondering if anyone on here is playing in any of the ANZPT events this week at skycity. It's a big week of poker at skycity so even if your look to go there just for cash should be some good play there. I will be there on Monday for the Industrie game as i work in this industrie. Also thinking of playing the teams event or main event if I cash in the industrie game. Post up here if you will be heading down this week at some stage for one of the events or just for a cash game. Hope to meet some new people down there off here and some of the pro's as well.

LOL Damo

i didnt think the cas would allow hats etc would they Dave?

6 months ago we wouldnt *normally* allow hats and sun glasses at anything other than the poker tables. but then, we also had standards of entry back then. :huh:

that all being said though, youd be amazed what you can get away with at the tables. depends on a) who the dealer is, and b) if the inspector actually gives a fark...

Edited by scandyflick

NPL = Donkey City. No offense to regular NPL players No cash riding on it and it just becomes laughable. Give me real money game any day :blush:

Last year one of the top 5 SA NPL guys came to a 'mates' cash game. He lost the lot by nights end. Cash games have a greater skill component vs. tourney - increasing blinds force you into situations, cash you can sit back and decided your own fate (luck can still desert you at inopportune times though).

I've had a bit of a look at the ANZPT stuff on PS, but haven't taken things any further than that.

NPL = Donkey City. No offense to regular NPL players No cash riding on it and it just becomes laughable. Give me real money game any day >_<

Last year one of the top 5 SA NPL guys came to a 'mates' cash game. He lost the lot by nights end. Cash games have a greater skill component vs. tourney - increasing blinds force you into situations, cash you can sit back and decided your own fate (luck can still desert you at inopportune times though).

I've had a bit of a look at the ANZPT stuff on PS, but haven't taken things any further than that.

was his name nick?

i used to play heaps npl nppl also try apl and oz a few times, made a couple state finals but seem to play better when theres real money on the table!!

i have a poker table out the back i want to get repaired soon, then maybe we could organise a SAU poker night?

I work for NPL and i see it all. Donkey everywhere and the worse thing is that you see them at the cas and they think there all that when they win a $30 pot i love them sitting at my table at the cas easy money :P. Was down there today at the ANZPT both events today were maxed out great prize pools.

i gave up on the novelty poker league ages ago, gets boring pretty quick.

do you work at the cas?

that i do.

i have a poker table out the back i want to get repaired soon, then maybe we could organise a SAU poker night?

i like this idea. do it.