SAU Community

R34 Tiptronic Buttons Or Lever?

100% lever.

There is a thread on another forum that reads ...

Originally Posted by GTR FREAK!

yea good point! definately sounds interesting but im standing by my manual theory, he who can drive, 1 hand on wheel, 1 hand on gearstick IS a driver! lol

Before driving the GTR at Silverstone I'd have agreed with you.

But after driving the GTR I have to say I could live with that paddleshift forever..

The are big advantages of using a paddle shifter over the centre console mounted lever.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone else noticed if using the buttons shifts faster than the lever? My stag seems to shift faster with the buttons :cool:

100% agree. I would say as much as half the shift time. But the advantage of the lever is that it's always in the same position (+ve), the buttons can get confusing when the wheel is upside down (-ve).

My flaring is so bad that 1st to 2nd shifts @ 80% to full throttle need to be done by 5500rpm inorder not to hit rev limiter, any later than that and she either bounces or I need to back right off. shifts can be delayed as much as 2-3 seconds. What a massive performance loss!

The auto experts answer was that the friction plates in the tranny have probably "glazed over" (like brake pads can) and there effectiveness is greatly reduced. He was sceptical that value body upgrades would help at all with the flaring. GRRRR.

• 12 years later...

Hey I’m in a lot of help I’m 16 I just got my first car about 7 months ago I’m wondering for my 1999 R34 GTt I have an RCS switch and had it next to my shifter but it fits perfectly but no cable fits to it and now I’m realising that I need a wheel tiptronic button I need to know where to find one and where does the RCS button go and where it should be on my car Thankyou fi anyone can help