SAU Community

What Your Girlfriend Hates About Your Skyline Thread

My ex didn't like the bump in the foot well on the passenger side of the R32 GTR. I never noticed it but that was because I always stretch my legs out if I'm in the passenger seat. You need to have you feet near the rails to notice it. I can see how it could be annoying but meh.

lol @ the bump! Is her habit of getting annoyed at minor things the reason she's an ex? :banana:

Was just talking to the missus about this thread. Had a good laugh.

She understands that I love my car alot and enjoys driving it home when im drunk (whilst I eagerly encourage her to reach the speed limit "quickly").

Her first realisation of my love for my R was early in our relationship when she decided to use my spoiler as a bech top for her handbag. I cringed at the sight and tried to let it slip but ended up saying something. Quickly followed up by her response "it's just a car, the paint did'nt sctach".

Makes me want to use improvised "tools" from her kitchen to work on my car and respond with the quote "there just utensils". heheh

haha i had teh EXACT same thing happen, and the same reaction from her! It's like when she whinges that she's never allowed to drive it lol (2 foot auto driver, dosen't downshift to slow down to roundabouts etc, always biting my tongue cause she gets cut when I point out that she's not a very good driver lol)

Hahahaha probably should have done that!

I think she cracked the sads becuase i prioritised my cars wellbeing instead of her hunger and her need to be accompanied to macdonalds. She still doesn't understand that the car is part of our relationship :-p

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! "the car is part of our relationship" Good 1 luke........ FUNNYIST THING EVER!

i could write you a book of shit my missus - ex missuses, girlfriends hate about my GTR and previous skylines

mostly though, too hard, too loud, locked diffs and 2 ways, silly clutches, me always needing to get to the front of traffic, me never turning aircon on, always having windows down everywhere, me spending 12 hours straight in the garage and not come "check on her" (babe, your women, your job is in the house)

could go on for hours.. she wont drive no matter how much i ask her (she thinks she cant drive manual, although shes driving my manual hilux for a week) hahaha

on the other hand, i dated a chick once i couldnt get the bitch out of the drivers seat.. fun but... plus she can drive everybit as good as me!! hahah

the only complaint from my missus about the daily stagea is the fact i keep the radio on triple j all day :P ... on hot days i sneakily switch her seat warmer onto high to see how long it takes her to notice and start winging ha ha... as for my project car my missus hates the fact that ive got no aircon in my r31 wagon, i made it worse when i told her it used to have it but i took it out to make way for the front mount :down:

My missus hates the coilovers being too stiff.

She is "well endowed" and the bumps "Hurt" as she says....

I lik-a to watch-a tha jiggly :down:

Also, its too noisy, the gear knob heats up in the sun and i have to use a old sock, it smells, the drivers seat has a squeak, its pops out the exhaust nearly every gear change when on a hot day, the air con is too cold, she hates that it steps out in the wet too easy, and that i spend a lot of money on it.

Other than that IM ON A WINNER :S

Just asked the wife then. Main thing that came to her mind just then was that it is too hard to get into and out of.

She has no issues about the money being spent as she has overseas holidays, fashion and a Credit card. I have the Skyline and maybe even start minor touchups on the Statesman to give it a bit more of a luxury/prestige look.

Man its refreshing to hear that I am not the only one that cops constant nit picking. We have to be strong boys, dont let them win and buy a corolla.

I get:

1. Too noisy

2. Too smelly (it runs rich and she blames it for her sore throats)

3. Too fast

4. Wont stay straight in wet (apperntly we are all going to die when it steps out a little)

5. Too bumpy, gotta love western sydney roads and coilovers. I dont have much teeth left haha.

6. Keeps breaking stuff and costs too much money

7. Too old

8. 'Everyone stares at me wherever we go, its so embarrassing'

There is soooo much more but they are the most common. I have gotten so used to the punches that I automatically put my arm out to block, her fist hits my forarm and it hurts her so she says I beat her up regardless of how much sense that doesnt make. Sigh.

She drives the 09 GTi turbo Peugot and goes hard all the time. Double freaking standards.

This thread is great, I can really relate. I've got an R32 GTR but before that had a 180SX, complaints so far:

180SX

1. Too loud

2. Spent too much money on it

3. Breaks down all the time (apparently getting a flat tyre is counted as breaking down as is taking it in for a service and getting it tuned)

4. Rear seat belts didn't work (I didn't want anyone sitting in the back anyway, there is no room back there)

5. Aircon didn't work very well (who cares, just put the windows down)

6. I always wanted to drive with windows down

7. The attention it got

8. Me accelerating quickly (meanwhile she is the kind of person to speed up when someone tries to overtake on the highway)

9. Car too old

GTR

1. Too loud

2. Aircon doesn't work very well

3. I always drive with windows down

4. Me accelereating quickly

5. Car is even older than the 180

So far not quite so many complaints about the GTR but we're getting there haha. For all her complaints though, she sure does love to drive my cars.

My girlfriend hates that i spend so much time doing stuff to it

and i have two of them, and i'm always looking up stuff for

them, and spending to much time and money

but i love them and so loves the attention through

My wife isn't too bad :-

1. She hates the "POP POP POP" going from 1st to 2nd - this ones a sin

2. She hates how much I spend

3. it's not exactly brand new

4. How I'd rather buy performance parts than regas the ac lol

5. It's too low (standard height)

6. It's not smooth - clutch

7. You drive too fast - doing the limit

8. How you cant have sex in the back seat if your feeling kinky

9. How there's Only 1 cup holder

10. How I don't let her put anything in the glove box

11. How careful I am of where to park

other than that she loves how smooth it is on the highways and being able to listen to anything she wants and watching whatever on the DVD player - so if you guys see a white r33 playing Whitney Houston don't forget to wave at us ^_^