SAU Community

What Your Girlfriend Hates About Your Skyline Thread

1 hour ago, Howie said:

I think most of the issues present themselves when you upgrade from girlfriend 3.0 to wife 1.0.

This is likely...

Solution: marry car enthusiast, wedding present = car stuff you both enjoy :)

My wife can't stand that I still want other cars as well... I keep sending her links to V10 M5s and Chasers and Evo 6.5.
Ah well, I can dream!

• 1 month later...

I screwed up big time the other day. A package arrived (a better battery charger/tenderer for my car) and my wife wanted to know where to put it. 

Me: "oh just put it with all the rest in the office". 

Her: "the rest?"

Me, in my head: "oh shit".

She goes and puts the charger on the pile of parts, i've been collecting for a few months, goes back through the credit card, advises me, "you've spent almost $1000 on car parts lately. Haven't you spent enough on that car already?"

So there is a temporary ban on me buying car parts right now... no one to blame but myself. "with the rest". Sometimes, I am the most stupid human on the earth! :(

• Like 3

She does not like it when it comes on full boost, but it helps reduce the amount of talking and it's a great distraction ?

Then there's the usual, didn't you fill up only yesterday?" " I feel like you love the car more than me", etc etc

• Like 1

I screwed up big time the other day. A package arrived (a better battery charger/tenderer for my car) and my wife wanted to know where to put it. 
Me: "oh just put it with all the rest in the office". 
Her: "the rest?"
Me, in my head: "oh shit".
She goes and puts the charger on the pile of parts, i've been collecting for a few months, goes back through the credit card, advises me, "you've spent almost $1000 on car parts lately. Haven't you spent enough on that car already?"
So there is a temporary ban on me buying car parts right now... no one to blame but myself. "with the rest". Sometimes, I am the most stupid human on the earth! [emoji20]

To avoid this, I have a bank account and credit card she doesn't have access to. I originally had this account linked to PayPal so it would be separated from our other accounts. She complains when she sees too many packages arrive, I explain that I got an unbelievable deal and what a score it was. I sometimes offer to show her the account with the least spending on it. Rarely happens. The bank account gets topped up from old car parts and things around the house I decide to sell but I usually pay the card off bit buy bit from our every day account. The money in the separate account then gets used for large purchases that she would complain about, like tyres, turbo upgrades, tuning etc. Every now and then I surprise order her a package of something she would like to keep her happy, kind of anyway. Have been getting away with it for a while now[emoji6]
  • Like 1

Always telling me that I have wasted my $$$$...."You can only go 100km/h anyway".

Then when we come up behind a slow moving vehicle or a few of them and we go out and around them......"Bet the other cars wish they could do that"

I can't win!!!!.....I was never meant to!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tridentt150v said:

Always telling me that I have wasted my $$$$...."You can only go 100km/h anyway".

Then when we come up behind a slow moving vehicle or a few of them and we go out and around them......"Bet the other cars wish they could do that"

I can't win!!!!.....I was never meant to!!!!

Story of my life. 

Except when i decide to chill behind someone doing 110, she questions why i havent overtaken them yet because "this car can do it easily"

• Like 1