SAU Community

Anyone ever driven to NT?

Duncan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the condition of my brothers Hilux when he gets back im not in any real hurry to take my Skyline (unless a panel beater volunteers a free re-spray)

My brother raves about the good time he (and his loyal crew) has when he goes bush

Fast31, what route did you take? via Broken Hill - Cooper Pedy - Alice Springs?

Should be OK for wildlife as long as we don't drive after dusk. Stone chips may be a different story.

We've done the trip back from South Aus via Hay plains, that was tops.....we of course stuck to the 110 limit all the way, but others could drive >180 for over an hour....

hey Bri, bring the baby along for a ride!

Actually it looks like I'll be working in Alice until the end of the year, and was *considering* taking my car instead of hiring something.

Just wondering what the trip was like (apart from long), I suspect as long as petrol availability is OK it should be fine.....

wow you'll be working in Alice! I have a few good friends there if you don't know many people, great to hang out with. My brother and I have been eager to get back to the NT but have been waiting till Ben is a little older as we will be driving. Have you considered taking the Ghan up there and buying a runaround car on arrival, you can get cheap cars around the place.... I didn't see too many main street cruises whilst in Alice but then it depends if you want the skyline up there...

Petrol is available everywhere, but can be really expensive at the more remote locations.... at Kings Canyon I remember we paid around 1.26c/lt

Alice is full of some amazing people from quite interesting backgrounds... most of the peeps we met up with were in town for work reasons for a couple of months... Bo's Tavern is the only happening place in town from what I remember and is broadcast live on the web so we can watch your every move :rolleyes:

hehe plus it's a great place to save some money cause you have limited opportunity to spend your cash!