• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Sign in to follow this  
Duncan

Anyone ever driven to NT?

Like it says!

I think its time to organise a cruise, lets leave Syd on Sat 1 November and see when we get there :(

hey, it was a question first, not an event yet :(

Careful Duncan or Tosh will moderate yo' ass

Cruise to NT? sure just let me find my caravan and R33 Towbar

I think you have been watching a little too much Russell Coight :(

hey stop whoring in my serious thread :(

OK, just confirmed, its 2789 which at about 350km/tank is 8 tank fulls.

But......Who has done this drive!

Looking at the condition of my brothers Hilux when he gets back im not in any real hurry to take my Skyline (unless a panel beater volunteers a free re-spray)

My brother raves about the good time he (and his loyal crew) has when he goes bush

Fast31, what route did you take? via Broken Hill - Cooper Pedy - Alice Springs?

Should be OK for wildlife as long as we don't drive after dusk. Stone chips may be a different story.

We've done the trip back from South Aus via Hay plains, that was tops.....we of course stuck to the 110 limit all the way, but others could drive >180 for over an hour....

I haven't done the drive up there but have driven the NT itself (flew to Darwin)... not too sure about taking my skyline up there.... or are you just looking at Darwin?

hey Bri, bring the baby along for a ride!

Actually it looks like I'll be working in Alice until the end of the year, and was *considering* taking my car instead of hiring something.

Just wondering what the trip was like (apart from long), I suspect as long as petrol availability is OK it should be fine.....

wow you'll be working in Alice! I have a few good friends there if you don't know many people, great to hang out with. My brother and I have been eager to get back to the NT but have been waiting till Ben is a little older as we will be driving. Have you considered taking the Ghan up there and buying a runaround car on arrival, you can get cheap cars around the place.... I didn't see too many main street cruises whilst in Alice but then it depends if you want the skyline up there...

Petrol is available everywhere, but can be really expensive at the more remote locations.... at Kings Canyon I remember we paid around 1.26c/lt

yeah, and was it 98, 95 or just 92 :rolleyes: that's what worries me....

I'm going to have to see about the night life out there, apparently not the biggest party town....

Alice is full of some amazing people from quite interesting backgrounds... most of the peeps we met up with were in town for work reasons for a couple of months... Bo's Tavern is the only happening place in town from what I remember and is broadcast live on the web so we can watch your every move :rolleyes:

hehe plus it's a great place to save some money cause you have limited opportunity to spend your cash!

Duncan what about getting your car shipped up. A mate of mine moved to perth and had his boat and car shipped over by train. Might be cheaper than 8 tanks of fuel. :D

ive done the nt trip 4 times but from bris qld roads suck but nt roads are great ive never had much drama with the wild life but its different every time so good luck if yous go