SAU Community

Pc Deals

R31Nismoid

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude speaking of haha, I had a very expensive gaming laptop a few years ago. My house got broken into and it was stolen. After i got the insurance money back i got the heaviest desktop case i could find =D

You guys realise the GPU in that system is about $1300 worth?

It's actually a pretty bloody good price, although I would never spend that much myself. As Anthony alluded to, law of diminishing returns suggests that spending more than around $1500-$1800 on a PC is pretty much futile.

You guys realise the GPU in that system is about $1300 worth?

It's actually a pretty bloody good price, although I would never spend that much myself. As Anthony alluded to, law of diminishing returns suggests that spending more than around $1500-$1800 on a PC is pretty much futile.

^^ My current PC was like $1400 8 months or so ago and i can play everything on ultra....Including 64 player map BF3

Its just overkill though. Realistically a 2.4ghz processor 8gb of ram and a 1.4GB graphics card will play EVERYTHING on ultra. Only just at 60FPS but it will do it. These days you can build a pc like that for like $800-$1000. In saying that the 1.4GB cards are getting out dated. Mine is getting old and im going to overclock it soon. But for like $200 for a 2GB card its an easy fix.

You can't just say a specific amount of memory on a card is enough.

You don't know how many monitors, what resolution and other factors that dictate what card is required.

Anyway this is all getting off topic - chat in the chat thread.