SAU Community

Pc Deals

R31Nismoid

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That PSU is a farken brilliant price.

Those SSDs are sold out lol, @ $90, would've been perfect for my media centre actually

http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/ssdsc2ct120a3k5-intel-120gb-p-57685.html?sort=2a

SSD prices have plummeted over the past 12 months. I paid ~$190 for my 60Gb about 18 months ago. Can now get em for ~$70.

Can't say I'd actually looked at any other prices lol... Old gen SSD = still a good choice for a media box.

At under $100 for 120gb, that is perfect for what i want! Purchase time next week me thinks and finish it off

My old PC setup = new media box. I want to do some post processing, run a 7.1 sound card & what configure the 1080p rips to my liking.

If not - "Boxee" would be my choice, everyone i know is using one for basic home use, a very good/affordable choice.

• 1 month later...

BTW ill just leave this here... Little PC shop called MSY is in every major city to my knowledge. Usually as cheap if not cheaper than PCcasegear and they can build the PC for you for like $40 i believe. Their website is terrible but they are a legit and trustworthy business. I swear by them.

BTW ill just leave this here... Little PC shop called MSY is in every major city to my knowledge. Usually as cheap if not cheaper than PCcasegear and they can build the PC for you for like $40 i believe. Their website is terrible but they are a legit and trustworthy business. I swear by them.

MSY are hardly a PC "deal". Just a reseller like anyone lse.

PCCG you never have warranty return problems, and if in Vic - you can return a RMA without waiting in a line for 30mins like @ Clayton for example.

Rock up, drop off, done. For the sake of what is often $40 on a $1700 build... People can make their own choices, i changed years ago.

Anyway a specific 'business' is not relevant to 'deals'.

MSY are hardly a PC "deal". Just a reseller like anyone lse.

PCCG you never have warranty return problems, and if in Vic - you can return a RMA without waiting in a line for 30mins like @ Clayton for example.

Rock up, drop off, done. For the sake of what is often $40 on a $1700 build... People can make their own choices, i changed years ago.

Anyway a specific 'business' is not relevant to 'deals'.

They usually are one of the cheapest in AU to buy PC parts. It was just a heads up for people who may not of heard of them. Their prices may be considered "Deals" to some people as i have seen the prices some people pay for a built PC. There is no need to get your knickers in a knot over someone trying to help the SAU members.

I use CentreCom in Bundoora. The prices are much of a muchness between all the resellers. I CBFed travelling all over the place to save $4 on a mobo and I build everything myself. I've heard a few complaints about other CentreComs but the guys at Bundoora have been perfect. I've delt with them heaps over the past few years, including RMAs, and never had even an inkling of an issue. They are also happy to chat and give advice.

They usually are one of the cheapest in AU to buy PC parts. It was just a heads up for people who may not of heard of them. Their prices may be considered "Deals" to some people as i have seen the prices some people pay for a built PC. There is no need to get your knickers in a knot over someone trying to help the SAU members.

The cheapest is here:

http://www.staticice.com.au

Real time price comparison.

that example is a bit dear must be paying for air inside the case also :/

lol

Please Note: This computer package will come withFreeDOS (Operating System). You need to purchasethe Windows DVD Upgrade separately to get Windows 7 installed.The Windows 7 icon of the the title image only means it's compatible with Winodws 7.