SAU Community

Cruise Control

910trx

incorrect. i would suggest looking closely at the maxima unit from a wreck.

it consists of:

steering wheel with switch

clockspring

brake and cruise lockout switches

lockout relay

electronic control unit

vacuum pump

vac servo and cable.

the latter comes in various lengths so find one that suits your car and use that.

in my case with a rb20 it was taken from a U13 bluebird.

if you do grab a mid late 90s unit get the matching electronics from the same car. the vac pump and servo you can mix and match to suit

your position in the engine bay providing you get the cable and thread length correct.

• 4 weeks later...

True, I have been there with the old vacuum versions. A common problem with both though for me I think might be fitting the actuator somewhere in amongst all the gear in the 4WD stagea's engine bay... but will give it a shot.

I'm keen to see how this all turns out as I've been missing the cruise control from my old Statesman. I don't suppose auto and manual would be any different? Please keep updating. And a price list of all the parts would be lovely if you find them and don't mind.

Cheers.

True, I have been there with the old vacuum versions. A common problem with both though for me I think might be fitting the actuator somewhere in amongst all the gear in the 4WD stagea's engine bay... but will give it a shot.

mine sits one the firewall.

531052_4995735574411_516077483_n.jpg

middle top of image.

pump you can put anywhere. mine is actually in the stock spot in front of the strut tower drivers side.

539712_4995734974396_197079199_n.jpg

I have since revised that bracket to a early 90s maxima one. it sits on the strut now.

costs - not really relevant. all of it will be secondhand from wreckers.

auto and manual ARE different electrically. if you are going to pull one from a wreck make sure you grab everything attached to it.

Thanks Chris. I was going to ask where to fit the actuator in the engine bay of an RS4 C34... it's pretty packed in there :(

I think I will have to mount mine in the cabin (under the dash). The only thing which concerns me is I don't know how noisy the unit will be when it's operating.

Also, does anybody know if there is a cruise light in the dash?

Edited by DaveB

Thanks Chris. I was going to ask where to fit the actuator in the engine bay of an RS4 C34... it's pretty packed in there :(

I think I will have to mount mine in the cabin (under the dash). The only thing which concerns me is I don't know how noisy the unit will be when it's operating.

Also, does anybody know if there is a cruise light in the dash?

it will fit out side. give me a bit to do scotts one and I will pop a few images up. no light in the dash going to use two LEDs or if I can find a spare light socket in the dash I will make something fit.

it will fit out side. give me a bit to do scotts one and I will pop a few images up. no light in the dash going to use two LEDs or if I can find a spare light socket in the dash I will make something fit.

Awesome, thanks :-)