SAU Community

Cruise Control

910trx

• 5 months later...

How have peeps gone using 98 Maxima cruise control stuff? especially with the steering heel? I had the complete kit and kaboodle from the wreckers for about $40 including the ecu for the cruise. located the wiring diagram for maxima...

Ended up turfing it some time ago as then relised i would need the mounting boss/clips (whiteplastic) from the 98 maxima sterring wheel assembly... then there's the airbag... i put it in tooo hard basket.....

although was at same wreckers last week with about 4 decent maximas with all the gear, so my interest has been sparked again! so i picked up the set/acc/on button, which fits the stagea steering wheel perfect on right hand side + the on off button from the dash which suits the blanks/spares on the stagea. now to go back and get another ecu/vacuum pump and the engine bay loom.

How have peeps gone using 98 Maxima cruise control stuff? especially with the steering wheel wiring ?

I had the complete kit and kaboodle from the wreckers for about $40 including the ecu for the cruise.

located the wiring diagram for maxima...

Ended up turfing it some time ago as then relised i would need the mounting boss/clips (whiteplastic) from the 98 maxima sterring wheel assembly... then there's the airbag... i put it in tooo hard basket.....

After checking the thread again...was at same wreckers last week with about 4 decent maximas with all the gear, so my interest has been sparked again! so i picked up the set/acc/on button, which fits the stagea steering wheel perfect on right hand side + the on off button from the dash which suits the blanks/spares on the stagea. now to go back and get another ecu/vacuum pump and the engine bay loom.

• 2 years later...

Hi All, 

Meant to revisit this ages ago.

In the pics you'll see all the necessary items to install cruise in the stag, with the exception of a relay.

However, note the clock spring in pic 2&3. It only has 8 pins, so if this is used, would have to make a choice 

between cruise or the tiptronic buttons on the steering wheel.

Has anyone come across a nissan clock spring with say 16pins?

Or 98-2001 Maxima steering wheel with cruise/audio buttons or cruise/tiptronic as this I assume will have the clock spring with 16pins (thereabouts).

Cheers,

Pete

ps. if i can locate one/do a successful install, i will post up a DIY/How To, with pics.

IMG_20170509_132521125.jpg

IMG_20170509_105210046.jpg

IMG_20170509_105220646.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Guys,

I've ordered an NM35 from Japan and want to equip it with Cruise Control and a bunch of other stuff when it gets here. I found what appears to be a genuine unit from Sinergy Motorsport, see below:

https://www.sinergymotorsports.com.au/cart/products-page/cruise-control-nissan-stagea-m35/

Does anyone have any experience with these? If it is the stock system what mod do I have to perform to be able to set the speed above 110km/hr?