SAU Community

Testing Coil Packs Other Then Replacing With Different One?

If you were in Brisbane I can bench test them for you.

I don't know anyone in Melbourne with the same equipment. There are resistance checks you can do as above was suggested but even they can be misleading at times.

r33 s2, car is missfiring above 4000 revs i regaped my plugs to 0.8 and it fixed the problem for about an hour and now its back to missfiring, i taped the stock coils up wit electrical tape aswel. so since spark plugs only worked as a temproary fix im assuming changing my coil packs will fix the problem what do you guys think?

r33 s2, car is missfiring above 4000 revs i regaped my plugs to 0.8 and it fixed the problem for about an hour and now its back to missfiring, i taped the stock coils up wit electrical tape aswel. so since spark plugs only worked as a temproary fix im assuming changing my coil packs will fix the problem what do you guys think?

It's a possibility man.

Mine was doing something similar to this and when I changed to Splitfires, the problem was solved. Mine was breaking up above 4000rpm on 7lb, and at 3500rpm on 22lb of boost, and she was spewing a shitload of black smoke.

Whether your issue is the same or not can only be discovered through a process of elimination.

I have seen many questions asked regarding this through the forums and there have been several different courses of action taken. Some have had ECU, TPS, spark plug etc issues.

Do a search and you will find what the other guys were discovering, and that will help you to get to the root of your problem.

when your std coils are dead they work fine and then one day they just start to misfire city when the engine is on load/boost

replacing plugs etc doesnt fix the issue as the coils are breaking down. mine died at 160,000kms and replaced with splitfires no issues after that

if its happened all of a sudden and youve put in new plugs then yeah coils are toast - they die sooner or later

when your std coils are dead they work fine and then one day they just start to misfire city when the engine is on load/boost

replacing plugs etc doesnt fix the issue as the coils are breaking down. mine died at 160,000kms and replaced with splitfires no issues after that

if its happened all of a sudden and youve put in new plugs then yeah coils are toast - they die sooner or later

ahh k i see, well i got some more information ive noticed now its missfiring only when its cold like early in the morning when the weather is warmer its fine, is this also sign of coils? just wanting make sure before i got and spend 600

ahh k i see, well i got some more information ive noticed now its missfiring only when its cold like early in the morning when the weather is warmer its fine, is this also sign of coils? just wanting make sure before i got and spend 600

I got a set of these a couple of weeks ago and they are great. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Co...80&start=80

Only cost me $350 with post and they are about to release the series 2 versions also.

im pretty sure as well that higher up the rpm the voltage to the coils drop which will make the car miss. you have to run a relay to the coils which will give it constant power. well thats wat im going to try with my ceffy.