SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

i guess i do. im just going by that chart, that says the G2 is rated for 450hp (not sure if its @crank or @wheels)

The chart say 450hp - that is not 450rwhp.

450hp is @ the motor... ALL turbos are rated in such a manner

Hello Stao!

I have a vg30det turbo 4V54 front with OP6 rear sitting in the shed. I would like to no how much for a high flow? it is for for my RB25DET Cefiro street car so i'm trying to keep resonse in mind while still achieving as much power as possible. Having said that, wats gonna be better ball or bush bearing?

The high flow will cost $800 plus $80 oil feeding line. We will be using ATR28G3's profile which should get you around 260~270rwkws (OP6 rear) with supporting mods at peak and not too bad down low either.

Edited by hypergear

With R33 stock housing its very close to its limit, maybe another 5~10 kws once leak fixed.

With RB20 turbo's high flow I'm not too sure as I haven't had one dynoed yet. I guess its probably archive close to 230rwkws.

Wheel size wise this is using the a 71mm comp with 65mm turbine. With Garrett GT2871Rs its running the same size comp wheel but 53mm turbine.

I'm guessing you mean 71mm comp with 56.5mm turbine. I guess you use this on the larger rear housings as the stock R33 rear housing isn't large enough?

Would the larger rear housing turbo be suitable for a remapped ECU R33 car if only running 9psi? (currently runs fine on 10psi stock turbo)

As a replacement for stock turbo until I get off my arse and get injectors, AFM and powerFC?

We do use 65mm Turbine. Need some thing to flow as possible in a small turbine housing. If you can get a OP6 turbine housing we can use ATR28G3 CHRA with 76mm comp wheel. That will be able to get you over 250rwkws. You can drive it on low boost no problem, as for the best results get it dyno tunned with Power FC and supporting mods.

As for RB20 using ATR28G2 hi flow you can probably get some where between 200 to 230rwkws.

Edited by hypergear

Any way adding some photos of the OP6 reared hi flows.

This is a complete ATR28G3 high flowed into a OP6 Rear housing (note the mark on the housing)

atr28g3.JPG

atr28g3rear.JPG

GT2871RS CHRA high flowed into R34 OP6 Rear with stock comp housing:

gt2871.JPG

gt2971rear.JPG

This is a Custom made GT3076RS in a .63 Rear internally gated setup bolton to stock Manifold

gt3076.JPG

gt2076rear.JPG

Edited by hypergear

Will the larger rear be 0.7 A/R with skyline bolt pattern? I want 230rwkw at about 1 bar or less, I'm thinking a 2871 would get there easier with the slightly larger housing.

Is R33 rear housing 0.58 A/R?

And where did these 0.7 A/R housings come from? Couldn't they have made them 0.82 or something to flow a bit more?

Edited by simpletool

The larger rear would be a .63 rear with RB25's bolton pattern. If you perfer 230rwkws BB GT2871 CHRA should do it fine. You can get that with stock turbo's rear housing. Stock R33's rear is only .48