SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

@V28VX37 There are no oil galleries inside comp cover. if engine rocket cover breathers are plumbed into the induction pipe. remove them and that bit of residue should clear.

For the  1hz cruiser we can high flow your stock turbocharger using G1 profile, its quite response with plenty of torque. It does need water and oil lines, everything else bolt back on with no fabrications.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hypergear said:

@V28VX37 There are no oil galleries inside comp cover. if engine rocket cover breathers are plumbed into the induction pipe. remove them and that bit of residue should clear.

Thanks Tao, I was wondering about that, makes sense. Yes it's got the standard breather setup plumbed into (Scotty's) induction pipe.
Looks like the engine might be breathing a bit more oil then after the recent head gasket change. Should I be looking at a catch can?

Also if the turbo oil seal was damaged, I'm guessing it would be leaking at the core right (not at the comp cover)? 

The seals are SS C clips, they don't wear unless of a thrust play, means turbo would've failed. The front collars are engineered to throw oil away from the centre shaft and the rear don't, so in case of turbo failures, the rear seal is likely to leak first.

• Like 1

On 16/01/2017 at 9:27 PM, hypergear said:

On 17/01/2017 at 0:34 AM, hypergear said:

The seals are SS C clips, they don't wear unless of a thrust play, means turbo would've failed. The front collars are engineered to throw oil away from the centre shaft and the rear don't, so in case of turbo failures, the rear seal is likely to leak first.

I've just installed a simple catch can setup and I'm still getting a drop of oil collecting at the bottom rear edge of the comp cover, it's really strange. 
I've previously tightened all oil and coolant lines and the turbo core section seems dry as far as I can tell from above and below. I'm still getting good boost, so the turbo is definitely working.

Any other suggestions on what else could be causing a minor leak at the comp cover?

Hi guys,

Keen to share my results, hopefully they might help others in choosing their setup.

S1 RB25det, 2013 ATR43SS1PU turbo, stock manifolds, 3" exhaust 100cell cat, megasquirt ECU, splitfires, sard 850cc injectors, DW300 pump, undersized intercooler (high intake temps and around 4psi drop).

Graph shows 98 on gate pressure vs ethanol with a little more boost.

Lucas S13 2.jpg

Edited by IT15ON
fixed attachment
  • Like 1

Looking for some feedback on my dyno graph. Is this normal because power and full boost seems to come on really late. Car is r33 gtst s2 manual

Mods:
-Hypergear op6 highflow ball bearing G3 profile.
-power fc
-xspurt 1000cc top feed injectors
-walbro 255lph fuel pump
-blitz return flow intercooler
-full 3 inch exhaust
- apexi pod and solid intake pipe mod
-splitfire coilpacks
- NGK sparkplugs 0.8mm

5886ddcc1f170_2017-01-2404_18_36.jpg.9c4

^ take it to a different tuner, also are you running a cat - if so which cat? plus need more boost

Cant really afford to get another tune. I had a chat to the tuner and he said theres nothing that can be really done and its just a laggy turbo. Im happy with 250rwkw i would just have liked full boost to come on earlier. Im pretty sure its a highflow cat not sure what brand though.

Also the wastegate actuator was set at 18psi. But it was opening up at around 13psi and they had to use a bleed valve to bring the boost up.

FWIW I've been happy with Chasers and Paul's always done a good job with my tune.

Check that cat, my car picked up about 25 rwkw going from X force 'high flow' to a proper Venom 100cell.

Edit: Mine's a 34 with Nistune not PowerFC

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vxsr33 said:

Looking for some feedback on my dyno graph. Is this normal because power and full boost seems to come on really late. Car is r33 gtst s2 manual

Mods:
-Hypergear op6 highflow ball bearing G3 profile.
-power fc
-xspurt 1000cc top feed injectors
-walbro 255lph fuel pump
-blitz return flow intercooler
-full 3 inch exhaust
- apexi pod and solid intake pipe mod
-splitfire coilpacks
- NGK sparkplugs 0.8mm

5886ddcc1f170_2017-01-2404_18_36.jpg.9c4

What boost controller are you running?

Something is not right, I'm hitting 20psi with the OP6 highflow at 4900, and thats on my RB20 which is 500cc smaller and has no VCT.

With the OP6 High flow, Just check to make sure the actuator is preloaded and shut, leaks and active VCT. Alternatively you can send it back and swap the turbine housing to smaller 21U. The op6 should be making 20psi at 4100RPM on a R33 Rb25det engine and maxing towards 290rwkws. 

2 hours ago, V28VX37 said:

FWIW I've been happy with Chasers and Paul's always done a good job with my tune.

Check that cat, my car picked up about 25 rwkw going from X force 'high flow' to a proper Venom 100cell.

A decent CAT really make that much difference :O??????? How would that compare to decat?

Where's the best place to pick up one of these venom 100cell cats?