SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Straight up convert to top feed, use 1/2 height injectors that are stainless. The Bosch 1150cc (at 4 bar) are unmodified. Just don't use the bottom collar. These injectors are commonly referred to as Seadoo Injectors. At 3bar they're 980cc.

Or get a set of Siemens DEKA V 80lb (~875cc) short stainless injectors and a normal top feed rail. All you need to do is trim the spacers to suit. Will fit snug underneath the stock plenum too and provide you years of endless joy.

• 2 weeks later...

My personal best was 320rwkws on E85 fuel. This car actually made more power. Looks like its got FFP, cooler and exhaust plus fuel and ecu. It might have cams as the power curve lookes like it has no active vct. 

Are there any results for the ATR45SS on an RB? I'm tossing up between the ATR45 CBB and ATR45SS CBB. Tao what would be the expected difference in lag and power be between the two? Both external gate on a proper manifold on a 30DET.

Hi, Rb30det is different to Rb25det, its heaps more responsive. Both ATR45 and ATR45SS works fine depending on how much power u r chasing for. I've personally used an 700HP ATR45SAT in a 2JZGTE no VVTI, the end result would be very similar to a Rb30det.  Car made 406rwkws @ 20psi on P98 fuel, full boost by by 4000RPM.  So what sort of power r u chasing for and will the car be running on E85 or P98?

Hi Tao,

I should add I have an ATR45 CBB 0.82 on an RB30DET (different car and engine) and have been happy with it so I know what to expect from an ATR45, just curious what the difference would be with the billet compressor. Power goals are 450 give or take 20-30 so I know both turbos are in that ballpark. Will be flex tuned on E85 in a Stagea and keeping VCT.

For 450rwkws ATR45SS-1 with 63mm billet wheel will do. Next size can do 520rwkws+ on E85 they works extremely well with XR6 BA/FA, but would be considerably laggier working with a 3L.

• Like 1

Based on that would it be fair to expect that the SS-1 would give 20-30kw more than a normal ATR45 at the expense of 2-300rpm response? I'm just trying to figure out how it would compare to my other 30DET.

The ATR45SS-1 I'm pretty happy with and I would run that on Rb25det with a smaller rear end. when tested on the 2JZ, The response is almost identical to the normal ATR45  that made 30kws more. This particular comp wheel works with a normal ATR45 turbine.  

• 2 weeks later...

Great result to share from Garage 7 tuned Rb25det Neo powered S14 running using one of our TD06SL205 turbochargers. This is an custom built turbo based in a TD06 rear end, externally gated.

Car has: 1000cc Injectors, Link ECU G4+ Storm Flex Fuel and usual supporting mods. 
Peek power made: 308rwkw on 98 and 378rwkw on E85.

Fabrications done by: Vulcan Performance and Fabrication

Dynoed and Tuned by: Garage 7

FFP modifications done by: NDR Fab Precision Race Fabrication

Car owned by: Matt G

fronts.jpg

carondyno.jpg

power.jpg

Sorry if a bit OT .

I was under the impression that this was a fail on RB25 plenums - or at least R33 spec ones .

Tao I'd like to hear your opinion on this one as I took your advice and fitted your preferred intercooler with a Just Jap over the fan pipe kit . It would be good to use a bend and throttle mounted on the plenum if it can be made to work properly .

Thanks in advance , cheers Adrian .

Plenty have done it and plenty say it's fine.  Many of those engines may have died, and you wouldn't hear about it if the plenum distribution was to blame because then the person who claimed it was fine would have proven themselves wrong.

But....I must stress, I don't know that it's not fine.  I only have very strong suspicion that it's not, because those plenums are not set up to receive air for all 6 cylinders from the front end.  The internal shapes are set up to receive it from the side.  I'm enough of an aerodynamicist to be very leery of that.  And I have never seen anyone report on 6x EGT probe results showing that it is fine.  On that basis, I simply wouldn't do it.  I'd be less worried about the various large plenums that bolt onto the bottom half, because at least they are simply big arse volumes on top of the runners, with no odd internal shapes to interfere.

• Like 1

Hi, the Car's running 22psi to produce results above. 

With that FFP modifications,  one of my tuners did mention it feeds CYC 5 and 6 more air then the rest causing them to run lean. I don't have personal experiences with them, so I can't comment.