SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

It's a system. Compressor + engine + turbine determines if the compressor will run out of flow or not. Put a small back end on and you may not run out of compressor flow and so hold boost to the redline. Put a larger rear on it, relieve the back pressure on the engine, might be another story entirely.

I like the analogy used on here the other day (in some thread or another) about comparing apples and oranges to work out which is the best banana.

• Like 1

Some update, did some tuning last night and ramped it up to 1.1 bar already.. appears my stock injectors are about to hit a brick wall. I've dialled in more fuel however I've notice I had to add in heaps to get it under 11.8 AFR.

For those interested, attached is my fairly relaxed timing map :)

I tried to add more timing after 5000 rpm, but experienced some knock around the 5200 ~ 5600rpm part (which does't make much sense as I'm past max torque). Will check my CAS again.

post-22311-0-63252100-1395355099_thumb.png

^ hahahhaa.... I'm on a budget man, this Adaptronic ECU was super impulse buy @ $700 !

I was planning to stretch Toshi's remap till after the financial year, but this was too tempting LOL

NAOOO to top rail, CBF.. too much effort LOL

Can you get 1200cc OR 1000cc sidefeeds? we can talk after my tax returns haha

I have a spare set of brand new FiveO 1200 CC for $750 if interested.

The 16g is abit small for what I was after, might be shifting that to the SS1 turbine and see which one is better out of the two.

I will be evaluating the current 18.5 or 20.5G billet comp wheels down the track.

The only side feeds I can get are the 550's, as that's the largest they made from the factory. Anything larger is a 'highflowed' injector, essentially drilled out.

Top feed rail and Xspurt 1000's are an easy upgrade, and would cost around the price of the FiveO injectors alone. Local warranty can come in very handy too, it can cost more than the injector is worth to send it back for warranty replacement.

The only side feeds I can get are the 550's, as that's the largest they made from the factory. Anything larger is a 'highflowed' injector, essentially drilled out.

Top feed rail and Xspurt 1000's are an easy upgrade, and would cost around the price of the FiveO injectors alone. Local warranty can come in very handy too, it can cost more than the injector is worth to send it back for warranty replacement.

hrmmms.. let's see after tax returns :)

The bank account isn't happy at the moment, from my impulse buy lol

No the std evo 9 turbo with cams and supporting mods have no issue at holding 25psi till redline on my brothers car evo 8 before he got it flowed by Tao

The ss1.5 is even larger more like 20g size

Actually the SS1.5 is smaller then a 20G. That one which you've sent back originally was a 20G size. Regardless the compressor don't matter that much, the turbine side is the one needs to be worked on.

The SLSS2 stopped making power at 385rwkws at 23psi on my R33 externally gated on high mount. Usually smaller engines needs more boost getting the same power level. How ever the EVO is internally gated (stock manifold?) The easiest way to determine wither the turbocharger or some thing is maxed out is by judge the amount of power gain per psi of boost added. The percentage starts to decline sharply when that happens, and best leave as that. By calculation this the SLSS2 will max out at 299awkws at 29psi. Did that evo ended up adding higher boost for the dyno show?

Well it advertised off kando as a std evo9 16g6 but billet

Even though it was a 20g it was responsive 25psi by 3600rpm

But even people with the standard cast evo 9 turbo get the same results

My bro evo should be coming back today from tuner got head stud installed aswell as 30psi

Stao what about run a big compressor wheel in a small turbine housing then use a large internal waste gate to compensate heat and flow? I have seen few turbos from Euro cars been made that way like the Audi K03 and K04. Might be a good thing to try on.

Well it advertised off kando as a std evo9 16g6 but billet

Even though it was a 20g it was responsive 25psi by 3600rpm

But even people with the standard cast evo 9 turbo get the same results

My bro evo should be coming back today from tuner got head stud installed aswell as 30psi

Keen to hear the SLSS2 results, please update!

I thought the recent post to Evo Oz was actually SLSS2.. So it was actually the Kando thing?