SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Posting a little update. This is the SS2 based ATR28 turbocharger with a even larger turbine. This particular one runs off ceramic roller bearings. Hopping to get 300rwkws+ with 20psi by 4000RPMs.

comp.JPG

turbine.JPG

That housing is nearly all turbine lol Surely that cant have a good nozzle area? You must have lost heaps when machining it to suit the turbine.

That's fine. You just need another one of my patented unspacers.

But seriously.....what size turbo is that manifold designed to hold up? For it to place it so close to the cam cover is a bit, um, wrong.

Edited by GTSBoy

Definitely a problem with the manifold. I would say the jig used to make it would likely be overused and out of shape.

There is nothing unusual about the size of an SS2, its definitely not going to be much larger than a GT30/35 based turbo.

I have an ss2 low mounted on a 6boost manifold with no issues. Comp housing is a bit close to the engine mount bracket but no issues at all

That manifold is odd. If someone was going to run that sort of manifold with an ext wastegate an ss2 should not be an issue at all. Looks like youd need to have a stock turbo for that to work......

If its a 6boost then call or email kyle. Probably best to email him with some photos and give him your number. He might be able to give you an answer or organise an exchange of some sort

That housing is nearly all turbine lol Surely that cant have a good nozzle area? You must have lost heaps when machining it to suit the turbine.

I think it make similar power as your GTX3071 hopefully with better response. If that works well I will enable VCT.

I think it make similar power as your GTX3071 hopefully with better response. If that works well I will enable VCT.

Taking consideration that my SS1PU made 30kw less than your test car (at the time on p98 w/cams) before it was maxed out, I am going to apply the same reduction to my GTX. In the end my car pulled the MPH to support happier numbers so I believe that's fair.

Just putting that out there before we compare the results from the 2. My car is a complete back to back, I have only changed the manifold and turbo. Considering I went to T3 high mount I should have more lag than you.

We will compare results soon enough. I'm sure they will either drive sales for yourself or give you something new to strive for

Most gtx3071r I've seen on sr20 are slightly laggier than the old gt3071r

Gt3071r 20psi by 4000rpm

Gtx3071r 20psi by 4500rpm

Both highmount t3 .63ar

But while the gt3071r will struggle to make 300rwkw on pump98 the gtx3071r will make that quite easily on 20psi and a lot more with more boost and e85 330-350rwkw

My results on my car with the ss1.5 were almost the same but I was on e85 his was one pump

For 20psi boost I made 250rwkw and he made the same but on pump 98

With 5 psi more down low and taper up top he got 270rwkw but he has a aftermarket manifold and step 2 cams mine is std manifold and poncams

E85 usually gives a 20kw gain on the same boost level

The difference would be the cams. I've compared mine with few that has Pon cams at Trents, The BC cams are making in average of 15kws more mid-top while the pon cams has 15kws more in mid-low with better response.

The GT3071 on my car hits 20psi by 4250rpms at 250rwkws, feels laggy down low.

Another update this is my latest ATR43SS2 turbocharger.Compare to the current one. Compressor inducer has been increased by 2mms, while the turbine inducer and exducer has been increased by 3mms. This particular one is expected to be maxed out at around 390rwkws on E85.

comp.JPG