SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

that kia must be a laugh to drive....throw some m/ts on the front and go down the princes highway on a friday night...

cheers

darren

About 1 launch and youd snap something lol

Here my dyno results from my ss1.5 on my sr20det non VCt 180sx

266rwkw ss1.5 .86ar

250rwkw ss1.5 .64ar

251rwkw atr28g2 .64ar

Power vs boost

post-79144-13981680622387_thumb.jpg

Power vs torque

post-79144-13981681002793_thumb.jpg

Tuner said there was 5-10kw more in it if I replaced my dw300 fuel pump for a walbro 460lph pump as fuel pressure was dropping 10psi under load when tested but not worth the money and extra to tune right now as turbo is at it's max and injectors will be too as I'm on e85

The .86ar did gain 16rwkw but at 250rpm lag penalty and 5psi more down low and 2-3psi more up top

So it did make the engine happier as he could add in lots more timing and more boost

where as before I was capped to 20psi with .64ar or he had to remove lots of timing with more boost to the point power went down with more boost

Any dyno reading from that tune? The SS2 on Jared's car is the Black edition, with the latest compressor and larger turbine. It should be making power easier then the previous version.

A result sent in from an SS1PU customer. This is the latest version also that has a different compressor that is engineered to hold boost better and more top end.

It is running on E85 maxing out fuel pump. Peek of 301rwkws @ 17psi. With plenty of mid range.

From customer's feed back letter:

R34 GTT (Stock Motor)

Supporting Mods

Blitz FMIC Return Flow

1000cc Injectors

Standard Airbox (Panel Filter)

3inch Bellmouth Full Exhaust

Z32 AFM

Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

SS1PU (latest model)

Scotty's Alloy Intake

CALTEX E-Flex

301.8 Rwkw (18psi peak, drops off to 17psi holds well)

atr43ss1pu.jpg

Is this internal or external gate. Far out there are so many options haha, and I have the exact same mods and I'm getting it done at pulse racing... May save me some time

Drives a lot nicer now it's tuned to the .86rear

Part throttle still has power but haven't done a lot of driving yet as I just got it tuned

But I was surprised it didn't lose much response going from the .64 to .86 200rpm if they where both on 20psi was expecting it to be worse and laggier about 500rpm but engine is a lot happier

Should have waited alil longer as the atr28ss2 would have been a lot better everywhere and make more power down low and up top

Is this internal or external gate. Far out there are so many options haha, and I have the exact same mods and I'm getting it done at pulse racing... May save me some time

This is an internally gated bolton upgrade turbo that sits on factory manifold, dump, and water lines. It is an very responsive turbo for around the 260rwkws mark on P98 fuel. Alternatively you can run the new SS2 which would be good enough for 300rwkws on pump 98 fuel.

This is an internally gated bolton upgrade turbo that sits on factory manifold, dump, and water lines. It is an very responsive turbo for around the 260rwkws mark on P98 fuel. Alternatively you can run the new SS2 which would be good enough for 300rwkws on pump 98 fuel.

I'm missing something - I think his is on E85 and it maxed out making just over 260rwkw? Or you mean 300kw @ hubs?