SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I should post up some information on our work on turbocharger repairs.

This is repairing a HKS2530 Turbocharger with broken Comp wheel.

This is a 60mm 63 trimmed comp wheel.

100_0104.JPG

It has been replaced with a new 60mm 64 Trim comp wheel. We had the CHRA and housings cleaned with all internals assessed. Luckily this turbo only require a new comp wheel. So looks like this once all put together:

100_0102.JPG

100_0103.JPG

The comp housing had lots of chips on inner frame, This has all been re-profiled out.

100_0100.JPG

Finished product:

100_0105.JPG

For further information this job costed $375 to carry out.

Dam howcome you guys are geting good power??? i only got 233kws... i want like 240's 250's..........

Blitz LM Cooler

3inch Turboback exhaust bashed out cat

Spiltfire coilpacks 0.8m BCPR7ES

Apexi pod filter

Z32 AFM

Apexi PFC

Greddy Profec Spec B-II

740cc injectors highflowed

Walbro Fuel Pump Gss-342

Hypergear highflow ATR28G2 profile with 71mm compressor

5 puk clutch

how much kw's can u get normally with these mods??? Can i get a re-tune.. because i remmber i head leaking issues......

Geraus you need to find a OP6 Rear turbine housing from some R34 skylines and VG30 engines. You will get similar results with those. Stock R33 turbine housing won't flow enough.

Stao Ive got the R33 G2 profile the same as Geraus (and almost identical mods)and am getting it tuned on Wednesday. What do I need to get you to do if I was to get the OP6 rear to get above the 230rwkw?

Are you saying that you just need to machine out that rear and keep the G2 profile and it will make more power, say 240-250?

Hey dave, I reckong if you get your OP6 rear , power will be very responsive...... When Trent was tuning mine! my rear housing was maxing out :laugh: it was RED HOT ........... !

Hi Dave. If you can get me a OP6 rear housing the ATR28G2 has no issues going over 250rwkws. Or we can also make you a .63 rear internal gate, probably can push 270rwkws ish. But you need to modify your dump pipe.

I think I found gold on Alibaba. Here are some direct blot on RB2x dump pipes made for V-band setup TR43x turbochargers. Arrived today. Haven't tried them on any cars yet looks like they should be 95%+ spot on.

They are $100 each with any turbochargers. Currently they suit our:

All ATR28 models in .63 internally gated rear housings

All TR43x Models in .58 and .63 rear housings.

For all customer's who's currently running our high flows, Pay $350 we can supply you with a .63 turbine housing and this dump pipe. this should get all the ATR28G2 R33 high flows making over 250rwkws. and ATR28G3 R34s to 280rwkws.

100_0115.JPG

100_0116.JPG

100_0118.JPG

I think I found gold on Alibaba. Here are some direct blot on RB2x dump pipes made for V-band setup TR43x turbochargers. Arrived today. Haven't tried them on any cars yet looks like they should be 95%+ spot on.

They are $100 each with any turbochargers. Currently they suit our:

All ATR28 models in .63 internally gated rear housings

All TR43x Models in .58 and .63 rear housings.

For all customer's who's currently running our high flows, Pay $350 we can supply you with a .63 turbine housing and this dump pipe. this should get all the ATR28G2 R33 high flows making over 250rwkws. and ATR28G3 R34s to 280rwkws.

100_0115.JPG

100_0116.JPG

100_0118.JPG

i dont want to be a party pooper here but these are the WORST dump pipe's every made!

i've had these installed and they are total rubish. bad welding, warped oval shaped flanges.. and they just dont flow the power you want due to the bends and its only 2.5inch pipe. once changed to a full 3inch proper made up pipe the car felt like it could breath again and gained loads more hp, torque and response.

I strongly recommend a custom 3inch or 3-1/4inch custom pipe. this is just another cheap china fabrication.

-alex

I only bought 2x pieces samples, the welding seems to be alright, I guess there are more then one people making those. But You might be right.

I'm going to give one out for free and see how it works fist.

Can i test please Tao :) ! !

Why not. Do you have a dump pipe on your car? I remember its a one piece front pipe to cat. But you still need to buy the turbine housing thou.

Hey Stao,

Got my tune today, pretty happy with the results although my Coils started to break down towards the end of the day. I was told that with new coils may get an extra 5-10rwkw max.

So anyway I got 235.2rwkw @ 17psi with the following mods:

Hybrid FMIC

APEXi Super Suction Kit with pod

Custom Air box with CAI(Home Made)

Split Dump and Catco Race Cat

3.5” HKS Cat back Silent High Power exhaust

Exedy 5puk Clutch

Greddy Ex Cam Gear

EMU

Hypergear HighFlow (ATR28G2)

Nismo 555Injectors and Walbro fuel pump

Z32 AFM

Dyno Sheet as promised

DynoHighflow090624.jpg

my ride

100_8734.jpg

100_8730.jpg

I have another before and after Highflow Dyno printout if you want it,

PM me and Ill send it to you

Cheers

hi hypergear. just a question hopefully you can answer for me. i have bought a new t66 turbo bush bearing. is it normal for them to have abit of side to side shaft play when new? the front only move ever so slightly but the back seems to move abit more. i believe it would definately be under 1mm maybe between about .5mm to 1mm i dunno and i dont want to keep doing it to get an exact measurement coz it will probably wreck it right? do you think its ok coz i wont be using it for a while so i want to make sure its good before the 1 year warranty runs out.

and also it has a 2.5 inch exhaust outlet. if i make my dump pipe with the 2.5 inch flange straight out to a 3 inch asap will it still flow like a 3 inch exhaust would if it was a 3 inch outlet on the back of the turbo?

thanks mate

Nice work Davo Thats the best engine bay I've seen so far. Want to try a .63 rear with above Dump for $250? You probably see another 35KWs with .63 rear.

This is a ATR28G2 powered at full capacity on a CA18det engine with .64 T28 rear. Would be heaps more responsive on a 2.5L engine. T3 .63 rear is similar to a .86 of T2x.:

atr28g2269rwkws.jpg atr28g2boosts.jpg

With the trust turbo if you feed abit of engine oil through feeding port you probably find the bearing slap goes away. They only do that when bearings are dry. normally you get no higher then 20 thou of play both sides, and shouldn't have any thing greater then 10 thou up and down.

With .63 rear it would be able to hold boost line lot straighter and making lot more torque and power. probably be slightly less responsive compare to OP6 housings. For who ever wants .63 rear housings to suit our high flows we can supply for $250.

I only bought 2x pieces samples, the welding seems to be alright, I guess there are more then one people making those. But You might be right.

I'm going to give one out for free and see how it works fist.

keep it at two :D

i got mine from otomoto in sydney, im very sure that same person/factory make these units.

i will soon have dyno results with this dump pipe and with a custom 3inch unit, just need to get around to it.

-alex

hey stao

just wondering if i can get a price to rebuild a set of 2860-5s for a gtr

It really Depends on whats wrong with them. If bearing is gone then it will cost roughly $600 to repair each turbo assume your shaft and wheels are good. Bring them pass if you are in Melbourne. I can get you a inspection report and quote before we start.