SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

cheers for the input guys, but im not interested in top feed or e85 at this stage. i've seen and read about mad power with hi flowed side feeds. and Z32 i got off my mate he had it on his r32 gtr that was running 370kw with it.

seeing what my power figures could be with this set up or if anyone here has the same sort of set up in their 33 to let me know how it is

Well, you chose your turbo.  It's able to go to the upper end of your stated power range.  But your fuel pump will maybe no get there and the intercooler will start to cost you.  There is a whole lot of discussion on these very points in this very thread.

ive read some making that power walbro 255 just 600pages worth trying to find what i need to know and specially other topics trying to search. my cooler is 620 x 266 x 76mm im hoping thats good enough to maintain 260kw ive read that some made way more than that with one 

I personally wouldn't buy a used Z32, as it's already copped wear and tear and prone to failure.

If you don't want to go top feed (most logical choice), then get 740cc Nismo sidefeeds OR 555cc Nismo. Do not get any other brand, or anything Five-O or re-manufactured "JECS" crap off eBay. Yes they will "work" but chances are they will seize up one day and you'll suffer from absolutely poor fuel economy.

255 will be ok, just hard wire it in.

29 minutes ago, AndreW_R32 said:

ive read some making that power walbro 255 just 600pages worth trying to find what i need to know and specially other topics trying to search. my cooler is 620 x 266 x 76mm im hoping thats good enough to maintain 260kw ive read that some made way more than that with one 

It's not the size of the core.  It's the end tanks and pipework that cost flow and increase pressure drop.  The increased pressure drop reports to increased exhaust manifold pressure (from increased work required to drive the compressor) and thus limits how much boost turns into flow.  Negatives feed on negatives.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AndreW_R32 said:

hi i would love to get a G3 turbo upgrade done for my S2 R33 gtst and to make around 260-300kw mark.

i have 

- blitz return flow fmic

-dump pipe/high flow cat/ 3" straight pipe

- walbro 255 fuel pump

-manual boost controller

-i will be installing Z32 AFM

-currently stock but looking at jecs 555cc injectors / adjustable fuel pressure reg

-and at the end get a nistune done

unopened RB25DET

i have read a lot but all so many different results some with out dyno results for proof so i come to the source hoping this will be enough to hit these numbers, cheers!

If its an R33 GTST I recommending using Adaptronic plug in ecu instead of Nistune and Z32 AFM. We can give an bondal  discount 

The Return flow cooler kit will be a limitation, if you are targeting 250rwkws thats fine, but for 300rwkws you will need a proper front mount cooler kit. I have personally tested PWR 600x300x79mm and thats the best performer I have used so far. 

For injectors, I would avoid ebay Jecs. Nismo 550cc and Deschwerks worked better.  or ID1000 injectors with aftermarket fuel rail if u want E85.  

35 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Nah Nistune works Tao, if you're using a R32 one with the latest feature pack.

Does flex, controls VCT

VCT as well? You don't need a separate switch now?

8 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

VCT as well? You don't need a separate switch now?

Not at all, and you can set it when it comes off/on as well!

Injectors can be scaled via a Total Injector Multiplier (TIM), R35 AFM all listed in the AFM setup (can even choose tube size). Full flex and even reverse flex too, ie compensation tables pull timing not add.

This means you can have a primary E85 map and a map that has timing pulled with fuel pulled depending on concentration.

Lastly you can even adjust the blend curve too for both ignition and fueling.

cheers for the replies and info i'll be looking at parts and when to do turbo as its my daily :D  

there isnt a way to squeeze an extra 10kw to make it 260kw with my blitz fmic ;) 

ive heard good things about nistune n Z32 but i take your word hypergear you guys do amazing work! 

any links for good value nismo injectors? cheers

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Did you not read what I said about the Z32? Install a R35 AFM, especially because you have the option and choice to 

hey man forgot to reply to it my bad. how much more is it? as im trying to stick to a budget. the z32 ive got is pretty clean was only used for about 4 weeks. with a g3 turbo and my set up would love to see how much i can get out of it on the dyno. forgot to add i have yellow jacket coilpacks in.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

oh dear

lol ive had no issues with em for couple years or so. including my mates r33 that his had for years too. my mate bought new splitfire and didnt last a year in his R32 poor bugger 

2 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Sounds like your mate may have purchased fake Splitfires.

Those Red, Yellow, Black (trying not to discriminate) eBay coil packs won't perform once you start to go above stock boost. Ask any tuner, and I'm sure they won't have anything positive to say.

he had old yellow jackets laying around and installed them til he got new splitfires. the YJ he had no issues and even drove to sydney n back thrashed it around the hills never caused a problem. but he has splitfires now. ive read a lot through this n dyno page a lot making good power with similar set up. 

Yellow Jackets are a lottery.  Many more people have problems with them and the shitty red ones and the other rainbow types than with Splitfires.  Old Splitfires eventually play up, just like OEM coils.  YJ can play up on day 1.

Fake Splitfires are a thing.  All you have to do is make YJ equivalents and make them blue and put them in a fake box.  It has happened and it will keep happening.

And in the era of Yaris/Audi/R35 etc coils, it really doesn't matter.  You can have coils that are twice as good for less $$ than a set of YJ anyway.

1 hour ago, AndreW_R32 said:

he had old yellow jackets laying around and installed them til he got new splitfires. the YJ he had no issues and even drove to sydney n back thrashed it around the hills never caused a problem. but he has splitfires now. ive read a lot through this n dyno page a lot making good power with similar set up. 

How much boost, what turbo is on your mate's car?

I've thrown out 3 sets of rainbow coloured coilpacks from people's cars i've tuned. My own car, I've cooked 2 out of 6 YJs.. replaced them with 2x new ones, guess what - the others died. Bit the bullet and bought brand new original/genuine Splitfires. Old motor had 1.8bar of boost into it, zero misfires.

So up to you, you sound like you know what is best for your car :)

if they play up and cause issues i will change them to something better but for now im leaving em in. and i know about the fakes and the red ones etc. not dissing just trying to figure out what is best for what i have atm. he was running 1.2 bar with them. but 1.8 i would understand you want top of the line stuff for that power :) 

if anything happens to em i will upgrade to splits. currently looking at injectors to order but not sure to go with nismo 550 or id1000.