SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Hi. For Rb25det, S1 turbo will do fine, no need to go for OP6. So G2 will be something that supports stock fuel system, while G3 and G4 would need to work with upgraded fuel system and programmable ecu. G3 is capable of making up to 280rwkws on P98 fuel, while G4 is capable of making up to 310rwkws on P98 fuel.

On 28/02/2020 at 12:26 PM, hypergear said:

Hypergear Atr43ss-3 Turbocharger Test and tune 474rwkws @ 28psi fuel system maxed. Should be seeing 500rwkws+ once fuel system sorted, and still seeing 265rwkws @ 4000RPM.

enginebay.jpg

power.jpg

boost.jpg

What's rwkw on PB98 can make that turbo? And what hotside you used on that RB25?

It looks way better than Atr45ss ?

Edited by Snara

Probably 360rwkws mark on P98, that would be a different boat compare to E85.

ATR45SS are bigger turbos, They were however tuned in 41 and 46 degrees days, I will be doing bit more work and get back to them soon.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hypergear said:

Probably 360rwkws mark on P98, that would be a different boat compare to E85.

ATR45SS are bigger turbos, They were however tuned in 41 and 46 degrees days, I will be doing bit more work and get back to them soon.   

Ahh, ATR43-SS3 Make 474rwkw in this car on 28psi and ATR45SS-0 440rwkw on 28psi. I thought on e85 you can make about 10% more horsepower.

The power figure of the ATR45SS is lower then expectation, while both wheels are bigger. There is a 22 degrees difference in ambient temp differences. I will be going back to them at a later stage. 

I now believe the differences of E85 and 98 is under estimated.  Without actual data of this model on P98, so Its just going to give a very rough estimate.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some video to share from Monday's dyno tune. Car now has two Walbro 520L pumps installed with 12mm fuel lines.

Still using ATR43SS-3 turbo, except I've installed a .82 turbine housing for this particular test.The final result was 482rwkws at a point that no more power could be made with this model.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Further update:

Rb25det NEO Stock Cams
Nitto Pistons and Rods. 9:1 CPR
HyperGear ATR45SS-1 Turbocharger
ID 1500cc injectors
Twin Walbro 525L fuel pump
Adaptronic Plugin ECU
Greedy Profect B EBC
600x300x81mm PWR Cooler kit
3inches turbo back exhaust
4inches intake pipe with Pod
Split fire coil packs
Twin pulse manifold and twin 40mm 
gate.

Car made 523rwkws @ 35psi, E85 fuel, With 250rwkws @ 4000RPM.

atr45ss1front.jpg

power.jpg

boost.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hypergear said:

Further update:

Rb25det NEO Stock Cams
Nitto Pistons and Rods. 9:1 CPR
HyperGear ATR45SS-1 Turbocharger
ID 1500cc injectors
Twin Walbro 525L fuel pump
Adaptronic Plugin ECU
Greedy Profect B EBC
600x300x81mm PWR Cooler kit
3inches turbo back exhaust
4inches intake pipe with Pod
Split fire coil packs
Twin pulse manifold and twin 40mm 
gate.

Car made 523rwkws @ 35psi, E85 fuel, With 250rwkws @ 4000RPM.

atr45ss1front.jpg

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Excellent result. Just for the record is that with the stock throttle body?

Hey Tao, may I ask what your recommendation for my stock internal 1jz would be to replace my twin factory setup, I want to maintain the quickest response while being able to chase 300kw with minor headroom above That for say 350 as when I do some headwork soon I will put studs in it and up the boost a bit more. Have an emanage blue to be installed, and already have an FCD with profec b controller currently on a jzx90 mark 2.  Supporting mods there but need to work on the fuel system. Just trying to narrow down a specific model in the lineup

Yeah legend okay, and so .82 my only option for v band in out? .62 would be perfect as you say bit otherwise I'm happy to proceed with .82 vband. Will get an order happening.

Another result to share. R33 GTST running one of our ATR45SAT Ball bearing turbos externally gated on E85 fuel.  Stock standard Rb25det engine with head studs, and valve springs.  Car made 414rwkws @ 24psi tuned at Chequeredtuning Victoria.

carondyno.jpg

power.jpg

boost.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, hypergear said:

Another result to share. R33 GTST running one of our ATR45SAT Ball bearing turbos externally gated on E85 fuel.  Stock standard Rb25det engine with head studs, and valve springs.  Car made 414rwkws @ 24psi tuned at Chequeredtuning Victoria.

carondyno.jpg

power.jpg

boost.jpg

I asked this question a while ago about dyno sheets but with a tcf of 1 isn’t that engine power and with a tcf of 1.1 or higher wheel power?

i went through a low talk with a guy here in nz to get my 400kw sticker.

My tcf is set to 1.1 as I’m only 2wd and 1.2 for 4wd or am I only the wrong page or am I reading the wrong book