SAU Community

the dump pipe I'm going to get

meggala

Meggala,

From experience, at Frankston TAFE dyno, the most I could make on my car was about 184kw at the wheels (I think - I had a unichip at the time) - another car with the same turbo and similar mods (except powerfc I think) made another 5rwkw...

Thing is, that dyno's known to be optimistic by about 5-7%. It's easy to have a dyno 200rwkw, but I'd rather have a REAL 200rwkw.

matt

Originally posted by meggala

they can run to at least 190 boostmeister has got 200+ out of his

but different dynos read differnt amounts.what type of cams (as in 264's or such) are you thinging of getting I have some spare cams if I need to use them.and a rough cost pm me if you like

cheers

meggala

meggala,do u want new cams or YOUR cams machined? cause the machineing of your cams would be cheaper but i wouldnt have a clue,ill find out for u though,cause thats what i was just gonna do,

so yous think a t3/t4 would be a good choice? cause there cheaper than the GT series turbos arnt they,especially if i can get one 2nd hand.

yeah the T3/4's are heaps cheaper. I wouldn't recomend an exhaust wheel any bigger than 56 mm other wise its 2 lagg try and go for a drive in Dr drifts car and you will see. how they are .

If you can get prices cause we might be able to get a few others as well to get cams done. and yeah getting them machined would be better for me as well

you really don't wont to go much bigger than 264 in and rb20 I reckon 256 or 260 would be perfect

cheers

meggala

thing is with a cam it should reduce lagg by a bit,have u got any specs on any t3/t4's i should be looking at,they bolt on dont they? and do they have internal wastegates?

Also im gonna try and get everything then put it all on.so im looking at the front mount,GTR injectors aswell? would they be any good? also a either a GTR fuelpump,or a new bosch style intank pump so no messing around. Have i forgoten anything else?

nah well im hopeing i will be able to use the stock computer for a bit with the new turbo, but if i have to ill change it, but id rather wait a little bit untill i get 1, ill just wack the car on the dyno and get it retuned to suit the turbo

• 1 month later...

Yeah i didnt even know this existed.

I still think that there's be quite a lot of leakage from the turbine outlet into the wastegate line since there doesnt look to be any sort of separator.

I stuck one in my R32 with the RB25 turbo (now rebuilt with a very slightly larger compressor wheel ) er.. and bent the actuator arm heaps er.. I can pretty much get to full boost in 4th by say 3600rpm. Choice!