SAU Community

Tiptronic Gearbox In Series 1 Stagea?

SKYNET

After riding shotgun in my mates series 2 Stagea i was wondering if its possible to install a tiptronic gearbox,selector,etc in a series 1?

The gear changes[using the buttons on steering wheel]seemed a lot quicker & more responsive than when i manually change them on my series 1

i dont know how well it will bolt up to mounting points, the bell housing pattern should be the same but you'd have to check the g/box to chasis mounts as well as tailshaft compatibility. also you would have to run a S2/R34 ecu as the auto is controlled by this (not a straight swap, rewiring would be needed maybe additional sensors???).

i'd say it could be done, but i think the time, effort and money involved in doing it wouldn't be worth it. it could be better spent on a manual conversion or shift kit and other upgrades for the auto you have.

Edited by QWK32

• 7 years later...

Any news here ?

I have the same idea.

Stagea S1 and S2, both have the RE4R01A Transmission.

If i want to upgrade my S1 to a Tiptronic, do i have to change the gearbox or only the shifter and the gearbox-ecu ? (I dont need the shiftoption on my steeringwheel)

Hope you guys understand what i want :-D

Best Regards

Andi

Any news here ?

I have the same idea.

Stagea S1 and S2, both have the RE4R01A Transmission.

If i want to upgrade my S1 to a Tiptronic, do i have to change the gearbox or only the shifter and the gearbox-ecu ? (I dont need the shiftoption on my steeringwheel)

Hope you guys understand what i want :-D

Best Regards

Andi

It would be a lot easier and better to sell the S1 and buy a S2 (especially if you don't already have the Neo engine).

• 7 years later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Code 55 doesn't matter. The ECU can only detect a total MAF failure, partial failures or bad signal response curves are not detected. Get an OEM MAF, nothing else works for these cars. Do not "raise the O2 sensor out of the exhaust", whatever the hell that means.
    • WTF? What spark plugs did you use? Gap? Have you cleaned the injectors? Shouldn't really have caused your problem, but refit the cat.
    • Hey all I have an 99 R34 sedan - RB25DE NEO and it’s running rich/poor but I’m not sure why. It was running poor when I bought it and the only thing the PO did before hand was drop the cat which he said caused the issue (Unsure if that’s true or not) The car has a chop while idling but once it warms up properly it runs smooth but still has the CEL. I ran the code and it gave me a MAF issue so I used sensor clean which didn’t work then replaced it with an aftermarket MAF but from a reliable seller which gave me code 55 but it still runs poor. I’ve also replaced the coil packs and checked the spark plugs and raised the O2 sensor out of the exhaust to allow it to get more air but still nothing. Any help would be great as I’ve spent a lot of time and money trying to diagnose this issue. Here’s a vid of it idling  hope someone else has had this issue and can help fix it thanks    
    • That seems different from the one on the R33, which is almost identical to the coolant temp sensor used by the gauge. Basically just a rectangular large flat blade single terminal device.
    • Intake air regulator is not the same as AAC valve. Intake air regulator is only there to raise the idle airflow at cold start. After a certain amount of engine runtime the shutter should fully close and all idle airflow goes through the AAC valve instead.