SAU Community

Going To Japan Need Your Help Please

R-PWR

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can it cost me that much and take 3hrs isnt Ebisu on the Hibiya line like only a couple of minutes from Akasaka? Im a bit confused im in Shinjuku for the next 11 days and want to go to at least one drift/motorsport event that is near me whats the closest, I thought ebisu was close :s, as in no more than 2hrs and less than 1000yen ticket one way

How can it cost me that much and take 3hrs isnt Ebisu on the Hibiya line like only a couple of minutes from Akasaka? Im a bit confused im in Shinjuku for the next 11 days and want to go to at least one drift/motorsport event that is near me whats the closest, I thought ebisu was close :s, as in no more than 2hrs and less than 1000yen ticket one way

lol, you are massively confused mate. ebisu is a suburb of tokyo. ebisu circuit is no where near tokyo mate. as andy mentioned it's in f*kushima prefecture. rofl. the only thing that's in ebisu, tokyo is some shopping malls, the beer museum and some nice apartments. you are as likely to see drift matsuri there as you are to see one happening inside your local multi storey car park...

It will take at least 3 hours to get there from tokyo. I would budget about $150 each way per person to cover trains and taxi. and no cheaper if you drive. tolls on a 3 hour drive can easily get to 10,000yen, then there is fuel... etc.

also top secret is not in tokyo, it's in chiba about 1 hr out of central tokyo. :O

lol, I can just imagine you getting off the train at ebisu station and asking someone: "so like where's the drifto mate?" "surely ebisu circuit is around here somewhere?". lucky you found out now!

there is no circuit that is less than 2 hours. and a 1,000yen train ticket doesn't get you very far.... probably the closest is fuji speedway. but still a few hours all up and more than 1,000 just for the taxi from the station to the track. from memory about 5,000 for taxi from the station of fuji speedway each way.

actually, that's not quite true. D1 GP each year hold an exhibition at daiba. that is in tokyo and might only be 1,000 train ticket depending on where you're staying... but it's not a circuit. it's held in an outdoor carpark area.

Hey champ

thanks heaps for that info I was gonna say... anyways someone told me tsukuba was in tokyo also, same person who told me ebisu circut is in ebisu tokyo :S figures ...

Anyways trying to go find some good workshops and stuff been to the nissan gallry in Ginza wasnt that great to be honest, had the skyline crossover and no other cars, nice nismo stuff though :)

Will be heading to Chiba to see top secret that shouldnt cost to much id assume. So are there any workshops like in the city at all like in shinjuku/ginza/roppongi etc just thats easy to get to via the subway anything at all modified car related so far I cant find a thing.

Hey champ

thanks heaps for that info I was gonna say... anyways someone told me tsukuba was in tokyo also, same person who told me ebisu circut is in ebisu tokyo :S figures ...

Anyways trying to go find some good workshops and stuff been to the nissan gallry in Ginza wasnt that great to be honest, had the skyline crossover and no other cars, nice nismo stuff though :)

Will be heading to Chiba to see top secret that shouldnt cost to much id assume. So are there any workshops like in the city at all like in shinjuku/ginza/roppongi etc just thats easy to get to via the subway anything at all modified car related so far I cant find a thing.

nah, much like sydney or melbourne there are no performance workshops in the city. it would be like having racepace in little collins st, or CRD on pitt st. so no, nothing in shinjuku/ginza etc. they are all out in industrial type areas and the suburbs.

and no, tsukuba is not near tokyo either. it's way out, past saitama even.

chiba is not hard or expensive to get to though. regular JR trains will take you to chiba for maybe ¥500. it takes realistically about an hour each way from central tokyo. there is a nice mall in chiba too, and a good hobby shop called "Post Hobby". they have a wide selection of BB guns which is fun to see coming from aus, and lots of cool model cars etc.

Can you bring the bb guys into aus :P , thanks mate will definelty head into Chiba are most of these places open 7 days a week and Im unsure of there opening hours as its golden week any1 know.

I couldn't bring BB guns back since 2001 (9/11). My mate went a few years before and got them through.

You might try contact Top Secret before you go and tell them your coming. I think you would get a better reception. I did when I went to R31 House, they even came and picked me up for the Train Station, took me for a fang around the Boss's Car :blink::) and back to the train station.

I would imagine that Top Secret would get alot of international visitors due to it's popularity.

Edited by StinkyPoo

is shinjuku a good base for when in tokyo? i was about to book a hotel there for the first few days of the trip. it seems fairly central.

then i saw shibuya. that also looks pretty good.

will be getting a rail pass and head to osaka and other areas.

working within a reasonable budget, what are good central areas to stay?

Hey guys just found out my mate is going to japan will be sending him with some cash and a wish list. can someone PLEASE give me some links to part wearhouse and or wreaker or just the best place to get cheap after market parts?

^^ Tony, Shinjuku is fine. I stayed at the Keio Plaza in west Shinjuku which was 200m from bars and restaurants or you can walk across to the east side of the station and go to bars there. Next time I will give Shibuya a go, it's only a couple of stops away on the same line so it's no less convenient and there are plenty of small and large places to shop and eat...there must be the worlds highest density of Macccas in Shibuya lol and there s Kripsy Creme as well mmmmm. You wouldn't be disappointed staying in either place. Just make sure you don't end up in a room next to a rail line.

^No disrespect intended Alex, but it's been covered a lot. Search Crystal and Autobacs

Thanks Keets. much appreciated :P

I'm going a bit cheaper than the Keio Plaza. I'm considering Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku, or Hotel Kent Shinjuku.

How about ideal areas to stay in for Osaka, and Kyoto?

is shinjuku a good base for when in tokyo? i was about to book a hotel there for the first few days of the trip. it seems fairly central.

then i saw shibuya. that also looks pretty good.

will be getting a rail pass and head to osaka and other areas.

working within a reasonable budget, what are good central areas to stay?

yes shinjuku or shibuya are good places to stay in tokyo. whichever you choose make sure your hotel is actually near the JR or metro station. there are plenty of hotels in 'shinjuku' but some could be more than 30mins walk from the station. which will get to be annoying.

and dr envy, no you can't bring bb guns back into aus, well unless you want to gave a guest appearance on border security....

pretty much any workshop on honshu these days has had hundreds of OS visitors. once they realise you are a tourist and not a customer they will basically consider you an annoyance, unless you can speak some Japanese and/or have an appointment.

well i'm trying to figure out the best locations to stay in each area. ie which suburb (ward?) provides the best and most convenient base for that area. in osaka, tokyo, and kyoto. so far lol.

ive worked out (with a little help :P ) shinjuku is the go for tokyo.

as for hotels, once i know in which area to stay, then i can book the appropriate rooms.

thanks for the links though. will have a look at those

Edited by Munkyb0y