SAU Community

Neo Rb25det Into A Na R34

hi guys,

has anyone in here with a R34 non turbo chucked in a rb25det neo from a GTT into their car?

was it a direct plug in wire job?

im planning to just get the complete motor & ecu and whack it in (using the existing loom).

any tips? problems you came across etc?

cheers

Not that I've done the conversion but the wiring loom will be slightly different to cater for the sensors related to boost pressure. I know for one there is a boost pressure sensor mounted near the firewall that I doubt would be present on the non-turbo wiring loom. There are probably a few extra sensors that are present on the turbo loom as opposed to the non-turbo loom.

brakes, diff & wheels are sorted.

main concern is wiring in the hunka junk.

definatelly considering it nate, for $1500 for a neo det motor is less then half price & better in the long run.

only thing left to do after is det gearbox + tailshaft & im set.

if RB's are like any other nissan family engine swap (which ill be my left nut that they are) youll be fine using your old loom, maybe some things need minor mods, but they wouldnt be anything to go to town about, nissan would be crazy to make them very different (if at all)

if RB's are like any other nissan family engine swap (which ill be my left nut that they are) youll be fine using your old loom, maybe some things need minor mods, but they wouldnt be anything to go to town about, nissan would be crazy to make them very different (if at all)

yeah for the cost of a few wires you'd think they would make all the looms the same and just swap the ecu etc between NAs and Ts

• 2 weeks later...

My advice is not to use the standard ECU, it gets upset when it looks for the TCS/ABS controller, HICAS ECU, Boost sensor and a myriad of other minor ECU's scattered through the R34. A power FC or some other standalone would make it a lot easier to do as you won't have to trick as many inputs (as they don't use them)

As for the main sensors on the engine they're plug 'n' play from one engine to the other so you won't have to touch the loom at all :) Oh and take the butterfly valve out of the TCS throttle....2 scews hold the brass disc, easy to remove.

all good fellas,

thanks for the reply dan but i sticking with the NA+T

coming soon, keep an eye out for my build up thread :stupid:

Looking forward to seeing this :D Particularly with you using the Nistune, assuming that's what you're still going ahead with.

Im planning this aswell, except gonna be a bit more difficult for me as there are complications... anyway I got a gt-v, the turbo model r34 without the actual turbo, it has the brakes, diff etc but what about the gearbox? anyone know?

I'm not sure about the gear box... is it a manual or auto? You're off to a great start having a GTV to begin with, saves a lot of hassle with brake upgrades and the like!

lucky guy with the GT-V!

i tried to find one in aus but couldnt at the time i was buying my car.

yep still using the nistune.

negative on 2jz, all nissan only in this car ha!

yeah my gt-v is a manual, hope the gearbox can handle the turbo engine in the future :P but if the brakes are for a turbo car then surely the gearbox should be? is there differences? we need some experts in here.!!

Didn't think you could use the Nistune on the N/A ECU...it's a pretty basic shitty thing with no upgrade ports on the board :S

hm good point, i told my tuner that im doing a na+t he said its suitable so maybe it is?

i dont want to keep hassling him with questions until its its done end of may so we'll see in 5-6 weeks :P

hm good point, i told my tuner that im doing a na+t he said its suitable so maybe it is?

i dont want to keep hassling him with questions until its its done end of may so we'll see in 5-6 weeks :P

Who's tuning it?

i dont want to keep hassling him with questions until its its done end of may so we'll see in 5-6 weeks :)

May be a nice little surprise when they crack it open and see it's an R33 N/A type board :)