SAU Community

Neo Rb25det Into A Na R34

Looking forward to seeing this :) Particularly with you using the Nistune, assuming that's what you're still going ahead with.

Just a note Nistune wont work on the NA r34 ECU, the NA and turbo ecu's are totally different internally. The ecu accept the type 2 boards (i tried) but as of a fortnight ago Nistune advised there was no way of doing it as there information on jumpers and the ecu wont download the std BIN properly.

i use the Turbo Ecu or emanage ultimate on NA+t's

Edited by URAS

Might be a bit of confusion here? I was talking the R34 GTR ECUs will not do a download for us but I've never attempted on the NA R34 ECU before

I had been previously sent pictures from what was meant to be a NA R34 ECU and it looked like it didnt take a board

Perhaps I have that confused ???

If the NA R34 does take a Type 2 board then we should be able to do it... if you have one and can use the HCR32/BNR32 address file and do a Operations - Consult Download and send me the BIN file

I'll have a look at it and generate a new address file and ENT programming for it

I was checking over the R34 manual last night and I'm sure it was a grey connector for this ECU ... and updated internals using Hitachi MCU?

Edited by darkhalf

Might be a bit of confusion here? I was talking the R34 GTR ECUs will not do a download for us but I've never attempted on the NA R34 ECU before

I had been previously sent pictures from what was meant to be a NA R34 ECU and it looked like it didnt take a board

Perhaps I have that confused ???

If the NA R34 does take a Type 2 board then we should be able to do it... if you have one and can use the HCR32/BNR32 address file and do a Operations - Consult Download and send me the BIN file

I'll have a look at it and generate a new address file and ENT programming for it

I was checking over the R34 manual last night and I'm sure it was a grey connector for this ECU ... and updated internals using Hitachi MCU?

Mat i tried for hours to download the bin file but it gets halfway through they just starts racking up errors, tried a few different programs. The board will definately take a type 2 and 4wire header but i cracked the sads when i could not pull a bin from it. i also tried a few other images and tried to sync to it but they were all over the place.

Im sure if we got one over to you you could sort it out.

internally they look like s15 but with no verticle boards and an empty eprom position instead of the twin empty rows. Eprom position is in the midle of the board too. AA112 i think was the ecu code.

Edited by URAS

okay here is what I had mailed to me... R34 GT ECU with H8539F FLASH ROM chip (I believe).... so this thing might be able to be reflashed like later model ECUs given enough hours (and beer) to look into the thing

I haven't delved into flash tuning yet because (a) no time (b) no publically available information about it for Nissans © cobbtuning already have a product for FLASH based ECUs.... but they wouldnt have done the RB25DE

pic below

ECU%20Before.jpg

no daughterboard capability as can be seen. what ECU are you using? there is a 28 pin header on this ECU... but that is for Auto trans auxillary chip not for the main MCU (micro controller unit)

Consult download command 0xc9 not recognosed in the R34 GTR ecu... might be the same for this one. Must be a different command perhaps?

okay here is what I had mailed to me... R34 GT ECU with H8539F FLASH ROM chip (I believe).... so this thing might be able to be reflashed like later model ECUs given enough hours (and beer) to look into the thing

I haven't delved into flash tuning yet because (a) no time (b) no publically available information about it for Nissans © cobbtuning already have a product for FLASH based ECUs.... but they wouldnt have done the RB25DE

pic below

ECU%20Before.jpg

no daughterboard capability as can be seen. what ECU are you using? there is a 28 pin header on this ECU... but that is for Auto trans auxillary chip not for the main MCU (micro controller unit)

Consult download command 0xc9 not recognosed in the R34 GTR ecu... might be the same for this one. Must be a different command perhaps?

Bugger the ecu i had here did not have the 1012a chip...... weird a it was auto too.

hey guys, thanks for all the replies.

i spoke to three authorised tuners in NSW (unigroup, MRC DYNO & unique autosports)

and they all said it will work with the R34 NA Ecu.

Are they saying this just to get a customer or will it really work?

hey guys, thanks for all the replies.

i spoke to three authorised tuners in NSW (unigroup, MRC DYNO & unique autosports)

and they all said it will work with the R34 NA Ecu.

Are they saying this just to get a customer or will it really work?

based on the 2 NA ecu's ive seen its not possible.... the picture above confirms it.

Unigroup, MRC DYNO & unique autosports probably assume the same thing i did. i assumed that the NA ecu internals would be the same as GTT (most s13, s14, r32 ecu's run the same internals between NA and turbo, the R34 does not) this assumption landed me with two cars i could not remap.

Matt if im wrong let me know.... im starting to doubt my sanity :D

Edited by URAS

big time FAIL!

what if i get a GTT manual ECU?

would that work if you cancel out (or dont cancel anything) the standard sensors such as boost, traction etc? would it still run okay, afaik, the only thing different from the ecu is just them few sensors, ill be running gtt injectors & afm which is the main thing, everything else would work okay.

• 1 month later...

i know this isnt the for sale thread, but im looking for an r34 NA loom and ecu, mine has been butchered beyod recovery. even the ecu connector is broken.

anyone got something for me? i would expect they'd be cheap as they arent a sought after item?

• 8 years later...
On 2009-3-31 at 10:07 PM, dori34 said:

hi guys,

has anyone in here with a R34 non turbo chucked in a rb25det neo from a GTT into their car?

was it a direct plug in wire job?

im planning to just get the complete motor & ecu and whack it in (using the existing loom).

any tips? problems you came across etc?

cheers

Hi I got r34 five stud factory manuel non turbo 20 de swamped it with rb25det neo problems I found is there's no power on ecu side but is on other side haveent found out why lost interest it just sits in garage geting old lol but if yous have idea let me knw