SAU Community

Asi Radiator

Pat O

I am running one in my silvia, there pretty good quality for the price and much larger than standard. Mine bolted up perfect, just as good as a stock one, retains factory shroud and hoses as well which makes it simple. Took about 15 minutes to swap it in

Only thing I had to do was trim down the top radiator house about 1cm as the radiator is much thicker and sits closer to the engine

My friend just bought one for this R32 last week and it dropped straight in, no problems at all

Few drifters on NS.com using them, haven't heard anythig bad about them

Picture below so you can see the quality, I scored mine for $199 pick up so if your in Melb go and grab it and save on the $50 courier cost

IMG_0422.jpg

great, thanks for that abu,

i didn't realise there the option of pick-up, i was going to buy off ebay and it stated 'online sales only' but i am in melbourne so i will definately be doing that. do you remember where you picked yours up from abu?

Yeah they don't advertise pick up on the EBAY ad but when I messaged them and requested for it they were happy for me to collect it. My friend also picked it up a few weeks back, there located in Mt Waverley

Try give them a call on 0433 657 560

Thanks

Yeh im using a ASI in my gtr its pretty good, i sorta regret it but because its the only china product i have on my car and it say's ASI over the the fin's where now i wish i said GREDDY or something lol. and it has ASI printed on the top of the radiator near the cap haha. But they do the job so i guess i wont be replacing it unless i have to it only cost $250.

haha, yeah i know what you mean unix, but i need a cheap fix until i can get some cash for something quality. it's tough being a student lol. good to hear it does the job though. cheers again abu.

Hi guys, I actually make radiators for a living (aluminium)

It's a simple technology, air passing over the fins, water passing through the tubes.

Chinese radiators dont look as good as hand made radiators by quality fabricators, but they do work.

Materials may not be as good, tank folding or tank welding may not be up to scratch and general fitment problems... You do pay for what you get.

I'm running a chinese radiator core with my own hand folded and welded tanks.. works good.

I bought a asi one for my gtr, too thick and cant run the shroud and the thread for temo sensor in bottom was wrong. Put it in the china shit pile and just bought a koyo, bolted right in like factory.

^^damn that's no good, i'm picking mine up tomorrow so i'll be sure to take my tape measure along too.

was also going to ask, are specific coolants needed for alloy radiators? or will any quality coolant do the job? Cheers!

i just bought one thanks to this thread so here's hoping :)

PAT O--with ally radiators i read somewhere that u need to earth them can anyone confirm?

Edited by Char

you earth them to avoid electrolisis which eats away at the alloy and can end up causing them to leak from all over the place usually ends up being 100's of pin hole leaks in the solder joints of the tubes to the header plates.

with alloy radiators it is reccomended that you run a glycol(sp) based coolant, i usually use the 50% tectaloy shit.. no water just 2 5 litre bottles is enough to fill the system and the overflow

but yeah... thats just me

doesnt hurt to throw in a bottle of redline waterwetter either more so for the engine side of things to help avoid airlocks in the system.

^^damn that's no good, i'm picking mine up tomorrow so i'll be sure to take my tape measure along too.

was also going to ask, are specific coolants needed for alloy radiators? or will any quality coolant do the job? Cheers!

You can use any coolant just don't mix and match brands/types etc as I read recently that if you mix different types of coolant it can cause corrosion

Have a read of this thread, it's pretty informative also goes through the procedure to check for electrolysis and a heap of other stuff: http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...=denso+radiator

Definitely fits R32 GTST, seen it my self so no need to worry :P

shit. just bought a asi 2, that link couldnt have come at a better time! thanks ! cant c there being a problem if u do the basic lil things.. as long as car runs cool ill be happy

yeah, girl i bought it off was really nice, gave me my money back and everything. offered to get me one which she thinks is the correct one. thinking i might just grab one off just jap to be safe.

You can use any coolant just don't mix and match brands/types etc as I read recently that if you mix different types of coolant it can cause corrosion

spose this is one thing i missed, the main reason you dont mix coolants is due to its possible for there to be a chemical reaction and it can actually turn into a thick paste that blocks everything and well yeah.. is not good

• 2 weeks later...

arrived today, welds look dodgy and it has been sprayed with like spray on chrome or some shit?

i can clean alluminium radiators with mineral turps on the outside to get this paint off yeah? wanna see if it has big scratches or something and they are trying to hide it.