SAU Community

Western Australia's V35 Cruise

Shame i flicked my V before there was an inaugural cruise!

Can I say tho, any man who can fit his esky in the boot of his V has not a real esky! And yes, i took a corner too fast with mine in the rear seats once and total wipe out - 2 bags of ice everywhere!

JK

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame i flicked my V before there was an inaugural cruise!

Can I say tho, any man who can fit his esky in the boot of his V has not a real esky! And yes, i took a corner too fast with mine in the rear seats once and total wipe out - 2 bags of ice everywhere!

JK

im having trouble trying to get a custom box made for my boot. so i guess ill have to go fibreglass. you could always tag along with me man. although it may be a turtle compared to your charged one u had :P

ok lets get this thing rolling for real!

1. we will need to decide a time and day before this weekend, latest this sat/sunday for good notice

2. i will provide the maps if you guys want. details will be up closer to the day. coastal/highway/city?

3. need a show off hands whos definitely going so we all know the rough numbers to expect. (i dont want to end up with just myself and paul or kelly)

4. so bbq or just a cruise? more ideas?

Mate... I think you should just take the lead. What we need here is a dictator.

Only suggestion is to try to keep it simple so it runs smoothly for a first go, so if its only a few hours of a morning or arvo then people will be more likely to be able to make it. Oh, and lets hit the hills, where the good drivng roads reside.

One last thing, does anyone here own the silver coupe that parks near the BMW dealer in Burswood everyday. Chrome 350Z wheels, Brembos and a Gialla style (spelling???) front grill?

Sounds like this cud be fun... Only problem is i play soccer/football on Sunday's :dry:

However, i'll wait n see what date/time u guys decide on and will then decide if i can attend or not...

Def a gr8 idea to meet and talk to other WA, V35 owners though :P

man this is sounding more and more exciting.... :) better make sure to detail my car b4 i show up XP n hope it dont rain

I'm already booked in for a detail :ph34r:

Slow down people... we still dont have a date. Would hate to make everyone wash their car more than they need to :banana:

Maybe we should push it back a week, and since people seem to have stuff on Sundays, looks like a Sat is best. So I'm going to throw it out there... Sat 9th May, starting 1pm somewhere close to the city for a meet and greet, ready to head off on an xtc created map finishing late arvo, 5ish.

Edited by strydes

If it gets more people to the cruise then we should do that.

I don't want to drive from Gero and find just 3 others.

It would F*#%ing TIP TOP to have about 10 or more V's

if we move it one more week then i wont be able to make it. well not in my v anyway because its booked in for kit install on wed 6th. car will be in shop for 2weeks' well at least thats what im told. if you guys dont mind me driving gtr or supra down then its all good. other than that worse case scenario ill book it in for another day but may be ages until they are able to do another job.

let me know what majority decides and we'll go from there.

map will start at a common spot (city west carpark) and heading off from there. im trying to fix a few routes as strydes or someone wants a hill run/cruise. im thinking about zig zigs at kalamunda but i dont think any of you wants stone chips on front of your bumpers.

ill call the shop on tuesday as they closed on monday so ill give more details then.

id rather book another day for the job as its a v35 cruise. bringing another of my car will just ruin the whole point of the cruise. also the more v's the better.

if we move it one more week then i wont be able to make it. well not in my v anyway because its booked in for kit install on wed 6th. car will be in shop for 2weeks' well at least thats what im told.

Two Weeks?? thats a bit much.

They only need the car the first day to "dry fit", "Try on" the body kit so they know what they need or have to do to the kit to get it to fit.

Then you can have your car back

A few days later the kit should be all painted and you go back in for another day and get it put on. If there are no problems.

If your kit is a copy like mine then there is most likely going to be problems (2 weeks is what mine took but they only had my car for about 4-5 day of it) but if it's genuin, all good.

Hill cruises are good, the night ones are ok but I find at least with the weekend day hill cruises etc you can stop places and chat or have a bite somewhere... have a photo shoot etc...

Two Weeks?? thats a bit much.

They only need the car the first day to "dry fit", "Try on" the body kit so they know what they need or have to do to the kit to get it to fit.

Then you can have your car back

A few days later the kit should be all painted and you go back in for another day and get it put on. If there are no problems.

If your kit is a copy like mine then there is most likely going to be problems (2 weeks is what mine took but they only had my car for about 4-5 day of it) but if it's genuin, all good.

im getting a custom one made. dont want to go into details. yours was just the kenstyle replica so thats why it only took a few days. i showed them what i want and they will prob try to mould/fit to car. 2 weeks + i would assume. they did tell me after 3 days i can take car back then bring back again but i cbb. i have got many of my previous cars installed with kits before so i would know what the deal is. not everytime it would go smoothly there are many adjustments to make.

anyway its up to you guys what day you want as there isnt a time perfect for everyone. i reckon just choose a day and stick with it.

Sounds very very tempting if this gets underway.... sorry to deviate from the topic but how old are all the WA 350gt drivers here just outta curiousity?

i am 22

What about one of those fancy vote things? Get people to vote for the time they prefer out of 3 different ones or something and whatever comes up with the most we go with. As has been said, we all just want to accommodate as many people as possible.

I might try one, this could get messy!!

i reckon you should just go for it. but at this point i think im definitely going to move 1 more week later. just depends on what day it will be. i will call to re arrange times for my car. also this will get more notice for other v members.

also this will be a v cruise? including 4doors or just coupes? the more the merrier =)

i reckon you should just go for it. but at this point i think im definitely going to move 1 more week later. just depends on what day it will be. i will call to re arrange times for my car. also this will get more notice for other v members.

also this will be a v cruise? including 4doors or just coupes? the more the merrier =)

yeah coupes and 4 doors. don't mind a few 350Z too