Jump to content
SAU Community

1991 Subaru Liberty W/ Awd Conversion

Recommended Posts


I'm looking to sell my Subaru Liberty which I bought last year with the intention of clearing thru Regency and driving it, or for track use. I have not been motivated to do either and I am going overseas in a few months so I'm trying to gather some funds. The bloke I bought it off of had done a complete conversion to AWD and twin turbo EJ20 motor and I've fixed up most things required for Regency. The only things I'm aware of that need doing is to swap the rims and tyres to an acceptable size and tread depth, and fix the pod filter to the chassis (stock airbox will not fit). I have driven this car and there is no doubt it is mechanically A1 - you will not believe the condition of the motor and driveline.


EJ20 twin turbo engine from JDM Legacy

Legacy RS gearbox

B4 Legacy tailshaft

WRX rear diff

B4 Legacy Bilstein shocks

B4 front brakes

Whiteline front and rear sway bars

Aftermarket steering wheel

19" zenetti wheels

Chassis mileage: 127,000km

Also included in the sale will be a 2.5" catback exhaust and stock springs. I suggest hunting down a set of 15" rims for Regency since this is the smallest diameter that will clear the front brakes.

I will mention clearly that this vehicle is still defected but will not take much work to get through. I'm looking for $3500 ONO but might consider this + my NA Silvia swap for something with more grunt.

Located in Adelaide Northern Suburbs, SMS me on 0432450160 or send me a PM.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

  • Latest Posts

    • world's fastest R33 with sunroof, A/C and sound deadening  
    • And lower chances of a divorce, hookers & coke much higher chance, a bit lower are strippers & coke.
    • Been slowly chipping away at it when I've got time. Tried to get the box in with the converter but worked out that the flexplate isn't the correct thickness and the converter pulls out off the pump too much (about 8mm). The flexplate for some reason was setup to use the secondary holes on the converter which had a press in nut to bolt to. I worked with Adamat performance the guys who manufacture the kits and they revised the design and made it suit the factory converter holes and milled up a new one for me and is currently on its way over. Can see the differences between the two compared to the orignal design which is in the post above. Once that's here the box can go in for good. I dummy'd it back up to get tailshaft length and is currently with Hardy Spicer to sort that out. Unfortunately won't get it back until late Jan Have been working in the boot lately getting it all a bit nicer and useable. Painted it with sound deadener and cut out a new boot floor from 18mm MDF so I can put a pram or my tool bag in the back. Have marine carpet coming to stick onto that and then also cut a piece to cover the battery. Once ive stuck the carpet in and all cleaned up ill pop the fuel system back in. Need to order 2 new Walbro 525s to replace the 3x 460s. Should be enough fuel for the new setup and run a bit cooler as well having more volume in the surge tank and less heat.  Have also ordered some sound deadener to put under the carpet. That should be here next week and I'll start putting it down on the floor, doors and roof. Hoping all this effort will make it a nice streeter with ability to daily if I want to.
    • It's only money. This arrived for mine yesterday 
  • Create New...