Jump to content
SAU Community

Wtb: Boot Lip & Front Lip (r33 & R32)


TMO
 Share

Recommended Posts

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



  • Similar Content

  • Latest Posts

    • Yeah hopefully some rich muricans fly to Australia and go on a R33 buying rampage and offer you and I a sum we both can't refuse. (Nek minnit moron here buys another R33 shit box to build).
    • I guess you can guess the reaction when I said maybe I should cut my losses with her.  I didn't but sometimes you know, I might think that... On a more positive note. At least R33's are worth something now, so it's not a total loss.
    • Mine said exactly this, your boy here pumped like $40k+ into it. Smart, follow me for more investment advice. #buyhighselllow 
    • Agree about euros.  Pulling apart is so much quicker than putting back together. Made worse when it's been a while and you can't remember everything. Any modified part seems to always be a pain to reinstall too and complicates things. There's not too many mods on my car but those that are caused difficulties. Simple things like the radiator that should just drop in, needed some finesse and additional time to manoeuvre in, same with oil cooler plumbing, head drain etc. Simple things seemed to want to fight me the whole way. Stupid standard intake plenum didn't help either. After nearly finishing everything, I saw the 2 knock sensor plugs and cold start valve plug hanging there. Was able to contort my hand enough and looking at an internet pic of valve, was able to just get the plug on and seated. Front knock sensor was similar, the rear however I can't even see. Going to have to remove starter motor to create access. FML. I've consumed that many cans of V in the last few work sessions that I should get a sponsorship. edit, I did the same with the mic and bore gauges. Spent many hours, it's one of those things that you get better at and more confident the more you use them. There was also so many hours spent searching, just to try and source valves and valve guides. I think I spent more time on trying to source valve guides than actually measuring and assembling the motor.
    • For me a few things compounded the issue.  - Wanting to learn a few aspects, such as hand lapping valve seats (10hrs-20hrs) - Wanting to balance the rotating assembly down to 1g on cast parts, (15hrs easy) - Not knowing this wack FWD platform, 10hrs to remove to remove the subframe/engine etc - Having never used mic or bore guages etc, thinking I was doing it wrong, finding out 2 rods were oval and I was correct (10hrs easy).  And the list goes on, each shed session was 60-90mins so it takes a lot of them On the contrary, when I sold the CA/Box/ECU it was 3hrs to remove, split, put on a pallet solo having never done it before.  This is the reason that the XR5 will get sold and I will go back to a JDM daily. Euro stuff is painful to work on.   
×
×
  • Create New...