SAU Community

M35: Emanage Ultimate

zei20l

Its an ignition signal fault on mine, from advancing the timing too much. I guess thats where the extra 100 gigawats comes from. :)

It would be nice to get rid of the cel, I tried cutting the cel wire and the ecu shut down into a limp mode. >_<

Talk to Chris......what Scott has said is correct and that is how it arrises.....I am pretty sure that Chris's car was tuned at the extremities of the standard ECU and that is why it doesn't come up with the error.

I have the CEL light on mine but I don't want to give the ECU the ability to retune so I am not running the O2.....I still will have the 320 error though!

No....don't know what the 2 above are going on about!!!!....one of them doesn't even have an Emanage!....the other doesn't even have a Stagea anymore! :P

Chris Benny has no CEL coming on "."

doh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Dose anyone know if the pdf files of the ECU pin out at the start of the thread are correct?

I think they are OK, but below is the one I've been using which has been correct for everything I've done.

ECU_PINOUTS 13_12_10.PDF

Edited by Commsman

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig up a thread from the past but I have an opportunity to get an Emanage Ultimate for a really good price, I just wondered whether there would be any point on a stock car? My aim would be to maybe trim the fuel a bit and smooth out that rubber band effect. I was also thinking of using it (and a solenoid that I would get separately) as a boost controller. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Sorry to dig up a thread from the past but I have an opportunity to get an Emanage Ultimate for a really good price, I just wondered whether there would be any point on a stock car? My aim would be to maybe trim the fuel a bit and smooth out that rubber band effect. I was also thinking of using it (and a solenoid that I would get separately) as a boost controller. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

It can be used for that but unless you really need it for bigger injectors I would not bother. I would be trying to trace down a Impul, Nismo or some other rechipped or flashed unit. Or get yourself and F-Con and harness.

The e-manage does it's job.....it's just not supper consistent.

• 1 year later...

Hi NM35 Nissan Stagea owners,

I’ve had my 2002 NM35 Nissan Stagea since May 2014 (was very close to purchasing a Legnum VR4 instead but after looking at Scotty’s car and a few others on the forum, I decided on the Stagea).

To date, I have enjoyed the car for what it is (ie. a family based car). I like the styling, particular with the Axis Autech body styling that is on my car. The space is great and having the versatility of the wagon is what I always wanted. The gearbox though a bit slow in feel isn’t too bad and the shifts are acceptable for a car that has 12 year old technology. I do like the 4WD system and it has proven very useful in damp/wet conditions. The steering feel is a bit wooden but the handling is pretty good for a large car (the coilovers do help here).

Now to the main reason for this post. The performance and by that I mean engine power/torque. On paper, a 2.5litre V6 turbo does sound promising. However, the performance I would say is more towards useable/solid/torquey. I certainly wouldn’t be wanting to get all cocky at a traffic light if there was a V8 powered car, a turbocharged EVO/WRX, the latest craze with hot hatches (3 MPS, Megane RS265, Golf Gti/R32/R, Opel VXR) or some turbocharged import (Skyline/Supra etc).

To date, I have the following modifications:

- Trust Panel Filter

- Turbosmart Kompact BoV

- Scott’s custom dump and front pipes

- Brake Wire Cut Mod

- Tanabe Sustec NF Coilovers (was already on car when I bought it)

It is also my intent to upgrade the intercooler and cat-back exhaust system. However, I feel these modifications are not going to do that much more apart for better intake temperature consistency and improved exhaust flow.

So, taking the above into consideration, will a Greddy EManage Ultimate install and dyno tune change my current experiences and impressions of my car’s performance? I am keen to hear from those current NM35 Stag owners who also have the OEM turbo. It is my intent to keep the standard turbo. Some dyno charts you can share and just honest impressions of where your car’s performance is at.

I said this to Scott recently “it’s like I am driving a turbo diesel...it’s got good torque in the low to mid rev range but it runs out of puff in the mid to upper rev ranges...it’s like someone ended a party early and only when the party was just about to get better”

Because the stock turbo is too small, and can't flow much more after 4500. Tuning it will make that feeling even worse as the midrange comes on hard.

All turbo cars from the factory generally feel like that, they promote midrange punch and taper it off by strangling the exhaust.

I agree completely with what Scotty said. With the oem turbo the most you could hope for is a little more pickup + responsiveness, but you'll still run out of puff pretty quickly.

My first power mod was a Kakimoto R cat back and it noticeably improved the response & mid range. So I think by finishing your exhaust, you'll still get a slight improvement.

I don't think the intake on the stock turbo would benefit at all from a larger inter cooler but that's just my opinion, based on experiences.

So for bigger power feeling I'd say you'll have to go high flow turbo with a tune afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Its an ignition signal fault on mine, from advancing the timing too much. I guess thats where the extra 100 gigawats comes from. smile.gif

It would be nice to get rid of the cel, I tried cutting the cel wire and the ecu shut down into a limp mode. pinch.gif

I worked out how to get rid the Emanage Ultimate ignition error code, it can be done inside the EMU box so if anyone wants the code gone, send it to me and I will upgrade it. ;)

• Like 1

When have you got time Scotty :thanks:

I think Pete will also chime in as soon as he reads this!!

I also need to drop that HDi intercooler off to you.

Cheers

Definitely mate. The CEL light is just one of those FN annoying cosmetic things. Sort of used to it now but in an ideal world I would like it off.

Before I do Scott's head in with the CEL light gotta do his head in with service and transition to E85, its time....