SAU Community

Good Driving Roads

08yannch

hi im starting this topic because there is nothing out on where good roads are in WA

and buy good driving roads i mean like good speed limits, low traffic, good conditions and if the road is strait or it has some twists and terns

so if any body knows of fun roads plz post info about the road and a road name would be nice

hi im starting this topic because there is nothing out on where good roads are in WA

and buy good driving roads i mean like good speed limits, low traffic, good conditions and if the road is strait or it has some twists and terns

so if any body knows of fun roads plz post info about the road and a road name would be nice

Mundaring Weir road in Mundaring is pretty fun, lots of twists and turns, with some decent straights in there as well. Definitely not much traffic, only see a few other cars along there. Speed limits vary from about 50kms to 90kms (i think; it may be 80kms), with most of it being 70kms i think. Its not very fast, but its still quite a fun road. Would only recommend cruising there in the day though, lots of twists and wildlife

Hey man

You could always go through kalamunda but just go during the day as at night it may be a bit off a dangerous spot especially the zig zags unless your familiar with the roads and know the conditions, speed is pretty slow but for a scenic drive its perfect

Niran

Edited by niran

Dan, could you PM me a map of some of those roads? They sound like fun!

Mundaring Weir Road, Greenmount Hill, Zig Zag Road, Brookton Hwy, Canning Rd, Armadale Rd. Went for a drive on some great roads Saturday night but I can't remember the names. I was following a black 32, so if their on here they might be able to tell me.

These sort of threads are on a whole bunch of forums, the police are 100% aware of the roads people like I can assure you.

Can confirm that.

I went up to zig zag one night to have a cruise... found that 4 patrol cars were covering both entrance and exit... Pulled us over quick smart :P

midland-toodyay-chittering-bullsbrook then back down to midland. Stay within you limits and don't break the law :P

Those roads are fantastic for a scenic drive....although when you go for a car cruise with a bunch of mates it can be hard to resist pressing your right foot on the accelerator a little harder :)

hay time to tidy up the topic

plz limit posts to good driving roads and and ur experiences on these roads (good, bad, etc)

no talking about cops plz all car enthusiasts get the same problems so no need to talk like ur somebody special

and in no way do i want this topic to give ppl the idea that it is alright to hoon.

it is just a search for fun places to drive within the law (dont drive like commodore driver :P)

worst thread ever.

Hey WAPOL! We skyline owners love these roads ***, ***, *** :D

mods need to delete thread

:P

I did consider this fact before posting in the thread. In reality, these roads did not just pop up over night, nor are they some national secret. The police regularly patrol these roads regardless of what is said here. If you are not breaking the law then you have nothing to worry about.

Good driving roads are only good when nobody else knows about them, so you'll never get a good response. You'll just get the typical hills/coast run that every man and his dog goes along. Most good roads are hours away... funnily enough where less people are! If you're not game enough to go out for a random drive heading in no particular direction to find yourself a good road, I guess you could use google maps and street view lol

i found one XD

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&sou...014205&z=16

and yes i did use google maps with the street view "big col". pretty sad i know (using google) but check out the street name LOL

omg! the zig zag! that hasnt been mentioned a million times already!

the zig zag was the lunch time proving ground when i was at high school. good fun when at the time i had a mx5 set up for motorkhana.

check out some of the stage maps for Targa West. They cover pretty much every suggestion on here, and them some (Lady McNess dve is my pick)

But yeah, my all time fav run is Kalmunda to Armadale. Canning rd to brookton hwy, brookton hwy to soldiers rd, follow it all the way to waterwheel rd and then out to the albany hwy. Not a huge run, but some of the best twisties you will find IMO.

Take music that sounds good LOUD