SAU Community

M35 Aftermarket Suspension

iamhe77

Yeah Im also keen to hear how these go.

If your report on them is positive I will order a set myself - maybe if a few of us get together we can get a group discount on them?? Anyone else interested?

Anyone know if there is a difference between the HM35 and M35 suspensions? Both are rwd, but HM35 is listed as nothing being available on the tein website for the super wagon GT coilovers.

Edited by OkiM35

Yeah Im also keen to hear how these go.

If your report on them is positive I will order a set myself - maybe if a few of us get together we can get a group discount on them?? Anyone else interested?

For the right price, id be in!

Anyone know if there is a difference between the HM35 and M35 suspensions? Both are rwd, but HM35 is listed as nothing being available on the tein website for the super wagon GT coilovers.

M35 suspension would be fine.

HM35 and AM35 rarely are mentioned on suspension sites and are usually grouped under "M35".

NM35 & PNM35 are AWD

M35, HM35, AM35 and PM35 (usually) are RWD

M35 suspension would be fine.

HM35 and AM35 rarely are mentioned on suspension sites and are usually grouped under "M35".

NM35 & PNM35 are AWD

M35, HM35, AM35 and PM35 (usually) are RWD

Yea I was kinda guessing that, but wasn't sure. Thanks :blush:

• 1 year later...

Hey guys sorry to dig up old thread... But i have a question, i am running the bilstien shocks and springs on my 250tRS four NM35 and for me its way too low ;):)

Im scraping over too many speed humps and the Kakimoto exhuast is taking a beating :P:(.. for me the spring rate seems way to soft. I was wondering what springs from other cars fit so i can look into getting some harder springs..

I am gonna try to raise it only a little because i will be getting the 19" rims soon too which should raise it a little more aswell.

Have a look on Yahoo Auctions for the Eibach springs, they are a bit firmer than the normal Bilstein ones.

Pretty sure that Jetwreck has a set on his ARX.... he may be willing to sell them if you ask him nicely

Otherwise, there are a number of companies in Japan that do springs but most of them are lower than the ones you have now.

You could look into a set of Nismo springs, they are 20mm lower than stock but are quite a bit firmer.

Other than that, why not look at something locally? I am sure that good local suspension shops could make you up something that suits.

i think getting some made would be the best way as i can get the right height and spring rate... However im sure they cant be much different to the J31 maxima as the maxima has the same style of separate shock and spring in the back and when we used to own the maxima the shocks and springs look very similar.. time to start researching i think..

thanks anyways..

If you're wanting something firmer, Id look at whats available for the V35 Skyline and 350Z; the 'stock' M35 springs are the same as the stock springs from them (Or so Ive been told, and I have used V35 springs in my car, so that does sound reasonable). Depending on what weight they're rated for you may not get the height you're looking for. Ive currently got Jetwrecks ARX springs in my car for height reasons, I was causing too much damage to my kit and exhaust with the standard springs :rofl:

mine has been getting punished... it stupid low i dont know how everyone is getting round with lower kits on theirs, How low did yours sit with the v35 springs?? So if your saying the V35, 350z fit in perfectly, well that will give me a start i can get a cheap set of stock 350 springs and give them to a spring place as a base to make some for me..

Edited by matty_M35

im over having coilovers.. got them in my corolla, bit over the stiffness!! plus the stag is the wifes daily dont think she will enjoy the buddy clubs as much as i would..

does anyone no off hand what the spring rates are on the bilstien springs coz i am looking at tanabe's for the V35 which only lower 1.1" on the front and 0.9" on the back with spring rates of F/R 6.1/5.5 however im thinking the arse end of the stag will need stiffer!!!!

Just get some BC's then you can set them how you want... >_<

+1 for BC's

I have BC's as well, on their softest setting they're almost like stock. If you're Sydney based, you are welcome to check them out.

Check the Stagea Classifieds, Bbenny has a set of Tanabes for sale, I think.

Cheers, Dale.

hey guys, I am about to upgrade to 8 way adjustable silk road coilovers for my rs.

I currently have Tanabe Sustec Pro and are great for the street but with me now about to track my car, they are a little too soft.

They will be up for sale soon though if anyone is interested. $750 + postage or free pick up. They are less than a year old and were purchased at JDM Concept in Sydney for $1700 by first aussie owner.

Anyone else running silk roads?

BC's aren't Buddy Club.

The spring rate is quite soft actually with great dampening adjustment.

+1 for BC's

I have BC's as well, on their softest setting they're almost like stock.

I have to agree with these guys. BC's will give you a very comfortable ride and are height/damper adjustable.

If I didn't already have my Nismo S-tune, I would certainly be going for the BC's.

What do you guys think of the Tein, GT wagon or Super Flex wagon for the NM35

I was looking to get these but with spring rates nearly double the BC's they wouldn't have lasted on there long.

How are mine compared to yours Cam? I know Jetweak thought the BC's were much better than his bilsteins...

Just Jap... There were some on Fleabay but I couldn't find them, they only have the 2wd ones.

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...at=0&page=7

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...at=0&page=7

Nothing lasts for ever, at that price just buy another set in 5 or 10 years.