SAU Community

M35 Aftermarket Suspension

iamhe77

My bad.. I think I will look into the bc's then what is their cost and who is the best supplier?? And are they servicable?? I do want something that will last..

Just jap are the supplier, about $1299

How are mine compared to yours Cam? I know Jetweak thought the BC's were much better than his bilsteins...

LOL @ "Jetweak"

Anyway, the BC's are a little softer than the Nismo's and both have excellent dampening.

I prefer the Nismo spring rates although I am sure that my wife would prefer the BC's lol.

Difficult to directly compare as mine a just a tad older than your BC's.

As I said, if I didn't have the Nismo's, I would certainly go for the BC's... no question, very comfortable, very settled, adjustable, what else do you want?

Will be interested to see how they hold up over time.

What do you guys think of the Tein, GT wagon or Super Flex wagon for the NM35

the GT Wagon is now not available.I have the Super flex wagon kit on my m35 and they are supurb.

We set the height at 20mll down and it sits really low.(Much lower than you'd expect)

I have the edfc electronic damper,to adjust the damping. It works a treat. you can have 3 pre set damping modes you can change at the push of a button.Highly recommend this set up. :D

thanks for that, i have seen a set of GT Wagon's on Import Monster going for around $1000, but i definitely want to get the EDFC i'm glad to hear that it works good for you,

I just noticed your at the sunshine coast I'm in Brisbane any chance i could meet up with you one weekend and you could take me for a spin so i can feel the ride for my self, (I'm away for the next couple of weeks but i'll be back after that)

Have not had any direct experience, but the only noted difference with all the aftermarket suspension I have in this thread is whether it is 2WD or 4WD only.

Not once have I seen any info regarding HICAS.

Do you mean that Tanabe in Japan asked if your car has HICAS or that the place you bought it from asked?

hmm im thoroughly confused also. (ive had mine 2 weeks)

i dont even know if mine is a s1 or s2 .. 2002 m35. with stock exterior but neo driveline.

the only reason i know its got hicas..because if you look under the rear right hand side of the boot theres a box with hydrolics coming out of it.. i presumed it couldnt be anything else.

how can i tell between a s1 and s2? and how can i tell if its an arx or not?

Edited by PetroDola

hmm im thoroughly confused also. (ive had mine 2 weeks)

i dont even know if mine is a s1 or s2 .. 2002 m35. with stock exterior but neo driveline.

the only reason i know its got hicas..because if you look under the rear right hand side of the boot theres a box with hydrolics coming out of it.. i presumed it couldnt be anything else.

how can i tell between a s1 and s2? and how can i tell if its an arx or not?

Thats the ATESSA reservoir. Your 2002 is an S1; all S2 models of the M35 were NA (ie no Turbos, sodefinately not the VQ25DET that you have in yours) & produced from 2004 onwards.

thanks for that, i have seen a set of GT Wagon's on Import Monster going for around $1000, but i definitely want to get the EDFC i'm glad to hear that it works good for you,

I just noticed your at the sunshine coast I'm in Brisbane any chance i could meet up with you one weekend and you could take me for a spin so i can feel the ride for my self, (I'm away for the next couple of weeks but i'll be back after that)

p.m. sent :)

Thats the ATESSA reservoir. Your 2002 is an S1; all S2 models of the M35 were NA (ie no Turbos, sodefinately not the VQ25DET that you have in yours) & produced from 2004 onwards.

thanks duncan

so much to learn about these cars yet.

so thats just for the 4wd system those hydraulics ?

any distinguishable features to know for arx ? ride height?

thanks duncan

so much to learn about these cars yet.

so thats just for the 4wd system those hydraulics ?

any distinguishable features to know for arx ? ride height?

Yes.

ARX has a tall ride height (140mm ground clearance v 100mm for RX/RS).

ARX has plastic wheel flares

ARX has a 10mm wider track front and rear.

ARX has HICAS (this is a device on the rear of the back diff, small electric motor)

Oh,...............and the best thing of all....

ARX get 14-15psi boost over the RX/RS that have 12psi boost........ :)

does anyone know how much ARX springs cost?? im thinking they will be a better solution to my height issues.. or is anyones custom exhaust mounted closer then the aftermarket ones?? my kakimoto is just too low.. im not used to the way nissans exhausts drag along the ground having come from the toyota side of the border... :P:P

Only to move the extra lard around though mate. That restrictor in the wastegate line must be slightly larger on the ARX, easy fix. :P

speaking of which..any progress on the zorst ?

that cash should be in there today :P

Edited by PetroDola

does anyone know how much ARX springs cost?? im thinking they will be a better solution to my height issues.. or is anyones custom exhaust mounted closer then the aftermarket ones?? my kakimoto is just too low.. im not used to the way nissans exhausts drag along the ground having come from the toyota side of the border... :P:P

Just go to King Springs or Pedders for some springs. You should be able to specify the height and spring rate that way.

Having said that, I am sure that there would have to be a few ARX owners that are willing to part with their stock springs...

Oh, and it is not just the Kakimoto that sits low, both the Legalis and the Nismo cat-backs sit pretty low (although it does look like the Kakimoto rear muffler is a bit lower).

It is just how it is... even if you raise the front pipe, the cat-back will still be low lol.

Having said that though, the exhaust that PetroDola just bought offers a little bit more road clearance.

Edited by iamhe77

Yes.

ARX has a tall ride height (140mm ground clearance v 100mm for RX/RS).

ARX has plastic wheel flares

ARX has a 10mm wider track front and rear.

ARX has HICAS (this is a device on the rear of the back diff, small electric motor)

Oh,...............and the best thing of all....

ARX get 14-15psi boost over the RX/RS that have 12psi boost........ :P

thanks andy thank kinda clarifies it sorta hehe

I've got a ride high of 140mm ground clearance on the front and slightly more at the rear..closer to 18 so i suspect its an arx debadged. (but on a hill so lifting at rear)

The turbo also sounds like its spooling quite high at 3000rpms (but still undetermined if its at that 14psi as no gauge or controller yet)

however cant spot the HICAS underneath the car nor the plastic wheel arches, and after learning the other box was the ATESSA 4x4 system from duncan..ive got no idea!

not sure if these pics will help but can you confirm confirm? (andy or dunc)

The reason i ask is .. front shocks are starting to get spungy and noisy on the rebound.. could be front springs also. so i need to really confirm before i make a suspension choice and end up getting stuck with non arx gear and finding out its an arx after the fact hehe.

Thanks heaps! :P

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll166/K...ag/P8270169.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll166/K...ag/P8270170.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll166/K...ag/P8270175.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll166/K...ag/P8270176.jpg

Edited by PetroDola

thanks andy thank kinda clarifies it sorta hehe

I've got a ride high of 140mm ground clearance on the front and slightly more at the rear..closer to 18 so i suspect its an arx debadged. (but on a hill so lifting at rear)

The turbo also sounds like its spooling quite high at 3000rpms (but still undetermined if its at that 14psi as no gauge or controller yet)

however cant spot the HICAS underneath the car nor the plastic wheel arches, and after learning the other box was the ATESSA 4x4 system from duncan..ive got no idea!

not sure if these pics will help but can you confirm confirm? (andy or dunc)

The reason i ask is .. front shocks are starting to get spungy and noisy on the rebound.. could be front springs also. so i need to really confirm before i make a suspension choice and end up getting stuck with non arx gear and finding out its an arx after the fact hehe.

Thanks heaps! :)

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll166/K...ag/P8270169.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll166/K...ag/P8270170.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll166/K...ag/P8270175.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll166/K...ag/P8270176.jpg

Looks like an RS to me, based on the body style - unless they went to a lot of effort to change the body kit completely. Best bet is to get someone to run your VIN through FAST (nissan software) which will tell us exactly how your car rolled out of the factory :P

Hi All, this is my first post on this forum.

I have a 2002 M35 RS250 (non turbo) with RS-R springs and I think it rides a little low loaded (hits speed humps, hard) but handles great :) .

andy65b stated that that the rs has 100mm ground clearance, where is that measured?

Thanks Pete

Hi All, this is my first post on this forum.

I have a 2002 M35 RS250 (non turbo) with RS-R springs and I think it rides a little low loaded (hits speed humps, hard) but handles great :) .

andy65b stated that that the rs has 100mm ground clearance, where is that measured?

Thanks Pete

Not really sure as this is straight from user manual but I would suspect it is at the diffs which would be the lowest point.