SAU Community

D1 Drift 2009 Round 3 & 4, Okayama

pear

Yeah I understand. And yes, they chew fuel like a bear.

But my impression has been, at least from the goo-net site etc, that you can get just about anything performance and Japanese mid-90's for under 800,000 yen (and often a lot cheaper). MR2's, Fairlady's, Supra's, GT-R's, RX-7's, EVO's... They can't automatically all be dogs can they? Or am I only seeing the dregs on these sites?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah cereal is right about what I meant with the high prices... but it sounds like you know rotors so you would probably be ok

I don't know an apex shaft from an eccentric seal

Edited by dr1ft.jp

No, you're not seeing just the dregs on goo-net, but you're also not getting the full detail of the cars for sale.

Search for cars with no accident history (Restoration = None) and have a friend who's fluent in Japanese call the dealer to get a bit more info on the car.

I think it's best to find a workshop in your area and talk to them about sourcing a car. As dr1ft.jp said earlier, they are way more likely to look after you than a car dealer is.

I'm looking at getting a 2nd car soon too, so I'll keep you posted as to how I go. :yes:

Search for cars with no accident history (Restoration = None) and have a friend who's fluent in Japanese call the dealer to get a bit more info on the car.

I'm looking at getting a 2nd car soon too, so I'll keep you posted as to how I go. :yes:

The restoration none thing - is that because most Japanese panel shops are quite sub-standard in repairing cars?

What car are you thinking of getting? When are you thinking of buying?

I'll be shopping around the August/September mark, once I've saved some more coin.

It's just that I'd prefer to buy a car that hasn't been in an accident. Especially in a country where I can't communicate 100% effectively with the guy I'm buying the car from. I'm not sure about the quality of Japanese panel shops, I guess they'd be pretty much of a similar standard to Australia though.

I'm actually thinking of an FD too, I'm gonna head to Knight Sports this weekend to see what they've got. I'm looking at buying whenever the right one comes up. I'm in no huge rush, but I'm really looking forward to having something to take out on the track.

Definitely agree with the communication factor letting things down. Sure, it could have been a small and easy repair, but you would want to know for sure, so why take the risk.

Let me know whats at Knightsports - take some pictures and post them up in the forum! :yes:

Head to RE - AMEMIYA and speak with Akihiro Yoneda ( factory manager ) He was great to deal with and helped me alot when i was there, Also had few nice FD's for sale out the front as well.

• 4 weeks later...
If Okayama Circuit is at Okayama, it's a bit further west than what you think (west a couple hours from Osaka by bullet train).

Oh, it's on Motoracing japan, there is a Google Map there...

http://www.motoracing-japan.com/circuit/15_ti.html

Haha a couple of hours by bullet train?? dont know which bullet train your catching but the nozomi only take 45 mins from shin- osaka to okayama.

I know Osaka (Kansai) to Okayama is 3hrs 15 mins. Not too sure how far Tokyo to Osaka is by shinkansen - a lot quicker than 3 hrs I think. So maybe 5 hrs or less total traveling time?

Anyone know?

TOkyo to f*kuyama ( one stop after Okayama on the Nozomi) is 3 hours and 50 mins

TOkyo to f*kuyama ( one stop after Okayama on the Nozomi) is 3 hours and 50 mins

just a note, if you've gone to f*kuyama, you've gone too far. Get off at Okayama and local train it!... but hey you're already there. Its really in the middle of nowhere, and as sleeper et said, we had to hitchike there one time.... it was for F3 racing.

just a note, if you've gone to f*kuyama, you've gone too far. Get off at Okayama and local train it!... but hey you're already there. Its really in the middle of nowhere, and as sleeper et said, we had to hitchike there one time.... it was for F3 racing.

haha. it was more a reference to the fact that it wouldnt take anywhere near 5 hours to get to Okayama. working in f*kuyama for nearly 2 years i hope i know where it is by now haha. We met another couple of Aussies there too. They Bused it from Okayama the first day and Trained it the second. It was a nice drive there for us tho.

Edited by sketchr32

Hey! You work in f*kuyama? Wow, how did I miss you? I lived there from July 2005 till September 2006. Sleeper ET also lived there too, around the same time. I married a local, and I'm back in town once a year. Maybe we should catch up next time I come over? We should exchange PM's instead of taking over this thread. There could be some knowledge we can share... Sleeper ET and I scanned the area for tuning shops, circuits... everything.

Michael.

haha. it was more a reference to the fact that it wouldnt take anywhere near 5 hours to get to Okayama. working in f*kuyama for nearly 2 years i hope i know where it is by now haha. We met another couple of Aussies there too. They Bused it from Okayama the first day and Trained it the second. It was a nice drive there for us tho.