Guys I Have an Active LSD in my R33 GTST series 2

and you get a very aggressive tank slap affect especially in the wet

changing tyre tread pattern to a V grove seems to help keep traction

on free wheel LH side so when LSD kicks its not so hard to control with

power on . near impossible to slide car on dry road with good quality tyres

when cornering.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Quick question, i have a series 1 1994 r33 GTST. It came with the A-LSD, i have since removed it and swapped in a viscous LSD due t bearing failure of the original. Everything is fine other than the loss of my ABS because of the sensors that used to be on the old LSD(and the anoying ALSD light). But to my question....I am about to purchase brakes and rotors along with new balljoints and need to know that they are the same as a normal GTST and not that of an GTR. Only reason I am asking is if they put a GTR diff in the car I am just trying to make sure a few other parts did not get upgraded from the factory which would make my future purchases wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.(Thanks from Canada....eh)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

So is it the "LSD Gear Oil" that is being bled out of the A-LSD?  Or is it the "ATF fluid" from the reservoir?

If I'm understanding it correctly, the reservoir in the trunk uses ATF.  Is the nipple on top of the LSD bleeding out gear oil, or is that ATF fluid?  If that's ATF fluid, how do you drain and fill the LSD with LSD gear oil?