SAU Community

Rb26 Gearbox Into Rb25 R32 Gtst

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to put an rb26 gearbox into an r32 with an rb25. Reason for wanting to do so is, i have a stock rb20det gearbox in there atm and its not going to hold up the power its making. RB26 gearboxes are heeps cheaper than rb25 and I can modify it myself to RWD, i have done one before for a silvia conversion.

Just wondering if anyone knows where or not the gtr32 cross member will bolt straight up, and whether or not anyone knows for sure if rb26 gearboxes are stronger than rb25 ones? Also would a RB25 Nismo slave fit onto a RB26 box? Im assuming that all RB gearboxes have the same 2 bolt pattern

thanks for any help

anyone?? Im gonna buy an RB26 gearbox and just give it a shot. Damm well hope it works. But some info first would be great if anyone knows anything

A full write up/tutorial on the modifications to gearbox would be awesome...please.

Only problem with a 26 box instead of a 25 one is that you know that the 26 will have copped a lot more abuse over its lifetime..

thats BS and means nothing....

if you gonna say that then you could say a GTR box will have been serviced better.

to be honest i think GTST's are driven harder than GTR's....

hmm. So you are trying to tell me that every japanese gtr owner actually serviced their gearbox, ever.. or gave a crap. Let alone factor in the added power and torque on the mechanical workings and the added load on the output of the 4wd system..

hmm. So you are trying to tell me that every japanese gtr owner actually serviced their gearbox, ever.. or gave a crap. Let alone factor in the added power and torque on the mechanical workings and the added load on the output of the 4wd system..

hell no.

but you were trying to tell me that no GTST owners thrash their cars!

i see where your coming from but there's way too many variables to be able to say that GTR boxes will be in a worse condition.

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to put an rb26 gearbox into an r32 with an rb25. Reason for wanting to do so is, i have a stock rb20det gearbox in there atm and its not going to hold up the power its making. RB26 gearboxes are heeps cheaper than rb25 and I can modify it myself to RWD, i have done one before for a silvia conversion.

Just wondering if anyone knows where or not the gtr32 cross member will bolt straight up, and whether or not anyone knows for sure if rb26 gearboxes are stronger than rb25 ones? Also would a RB25 Nismo slave fit onto a RB26 box? Im assuming that all RB gearboxes have the same 2 bolt pattern

thanks for any help

chur i put a r32 gtr box in my cefiro but i didnt cut the transfer case off so had to cut a hole in the gearbox tunnel for that the crossmember doesnt fit i got a custom made 1 and yea the slave is the same i used my 20de slave on mine abit of a tight fit but it does would of fit straight in if it wasnt for dat transfer case

you cut up your car befor the gearbox lol, your mad. Im hoping the crossmember will fit because its from a r32. I will post progress pics when i recieve the gearbox, just after the damn freight company stops stuffing around the little fella!!

i reckon everything will bolt up except the crossmember. i've just done my clutch yesterday and contemplated the same change your talking about - but i reckon it's risky. even though 26 box's are cheaper then 25's it's still a fair bit of money to risk buying then finding you need to mod your crossmember.

• 8 years later...

hi good day guys. im currently doing this said conversion on a nissan c33, i got the shaft done yesterday but my problem is the bracket itself is too low for the car. i really dont want to cut my car to send the box higher is their any other options? the box works perfect and the ratio is heavenly just i can barely drive the car would some coilovers help?

12 hours ago, _libra_nation_23 said:

hi good day guys. im currently doing this said conversion on a nissan c33, i got the shaft done yesterday but my problem is the bracket itself is too low for the car. i really dont want to cut my car to send the box higher is their any other options? the box works perfect and the ratio is heavenly just i can barely drive the car would some coilovers help?

This post suffers from not being at all clear what the problem is.  How would coilovers solve anything to do with how the gearbox sits in relation to the rest of the car?  And more importantly, what bracket are you talking about?  The gearbox crossmember or the centre bearing mount, or what?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 2:27 AM, GTSBoy said:

This post suffers from not being at all clear what the problem is.  How would coilovers solve anything to do with how the gearbox sits in relation to the rest of the car?  And more importantly, what bracket are you talking about?  The gearbox crossmember or the centre bearing mount, or what?

The gearbox cross member