SAU Community

Nismo Led Tail Lights For R34 Gtr

hey guys,

Been wanting to get the Nismo LED tail lights for the gtr, but after looking at the prices and not having much luck finding a used set on yahoo japan i was just wondering if there are any other alternatives?

Reason for wanting nismo is that it still look close to stock/oem without looking cheap or tacky like some of the china made ones floating on ebay. Is there an exact replica of the nismo item?

Please feel free to post what you currently have or any brands that might be worth looking into.

Thanks.

I like the nismo ones too but only at night, i dont think theres any imatations ones out there yet. I didnt want any amber colour on my car so thats why i put the cheap and tacky ones on but i like them :D ..

post-47426-1243433587_thumb.jpg

post-47426-1243433641_thumb.jpg

post-47426-1243433708_thumb.jpg

I found one on importmonster recently was "only" $650 but with all the shipping and other fees came to $1100 :rofl:

Shame no one makes a copy of the Nismo LEDs because as you said, they look stock unlit and don't look so tacky.

I like the nismo ones too but only at night, i dont think theres any imatations ones out there yet. I didnt want any amber colour on my car so thats why i put the cheap and tacky ones on but i like them :D ..

Still looked fantastic on that R34 10th Anniv. I must say! :D

hey guys can anyone confirm if these are Nismo LEDs ? Cheers

bigbigball32img600x4511.th.jpg

bigbigball32img600x4501.th.jpg

sure looks like it? Someone selling them? If you dont want them can you pm me the link :)

See the difference between the East Bears or Just jap ones is the Amber bit. If only they made the indicator bit from clear to amber would look sweet.

Is there a tinting spray to make it look amber without looking too tacky?

don't think the ones above are the Nismo LEDs but a copy of some sort called "Akira Makoto".. I think they're just BNR34 tail lights with LEDs inserted ..which is why they look a bit funny and not as good as the Nismos...

Edited by Delta Force

Ok did quite a bit of research on the ones above and they're 100% NOT Nismo ...just genuine BNR34 tail lights converted to LED made to look similar to the Nismo pattern. The seller makes a pair about once a month and sells them on Japanese Yahoo auctions and he's confirmed in one of the previous sales (questions from potential buyers) that the item is NOT Nismo. http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e92629491

Pretty cheap if you're in Japan and may be worthwhile considering the price of the genuine Nismos ... but not worth importing to Australia IMO as it comes to about $500-600 at least with all the fees. Might be easier/cheaper to get someone to make this sort of conversion locally...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

yeah doesn't look too bad but I doubt they would deliver to Australia so you might have to get it through an import service like importmonster so the price would probably blow out to $700-800 :blink:

Another thing that looks a bit worrying is the fact they replaced the turn signal lamps with LEDs also .. from what I've read LEDs aren't suited for turning signals.

If you do get it let us know how you go and post up some pics :)

yeah doesn't look too bad but I doubt they would deliver to Australia so you might have to get it through an import service like importmonster so the price would probably blow out to $700-800 :blink:

Another thing that looks a bit worrying is the fact they replaced the turn signal lamps with LEDs also .. from what I've read LEDs aren't suited for turning signals.

If you do get it let us know how you go and post up some pics :)

Why do you mean LED's aren't suited to indicators? As long as they are bright enough to see and you replace the flasher can then you are sweet!

• 8 years later...
Because the leds use less power the turn signal relay will mistakenly asume that there is a light out..

This isn't entirely accurate. LEDs have less resistance in a circuit. In old school cars this is required as the indicator circuit is expecting a particular impedance to operate at its normal blinking speed. If you reduce the resistance (and thereby impedance of the circuit) the car will simply adjust.

The most common way around this is to introduce a physical resistor right before the LEDs. This bumps up the resistance of the circuit and the car/circuit is none the wiser.

If you need more info I'm sure someone will have done this already, have a quick search to see what's out there. :)