SAU Community

M35 Wipers

danwatt

Any of you guys had any issues with your wipers?

There seems to be a little slop in the mechanism that when running on intermediate the wipers stutter on return. Not sure if its just the cheap blades or if its wear in the motor assembly its giving me the shi#s.

There seems to be a little slop in the mechanism that when running on intermediate the wipers stutter on return. Not sure if its just the cheap blades or if its wear in the motor assembly its giving me the shi#s.

No trouble at all, infact the smoothest operation i've ever had. I know what you mean, the wipers on my truck are doing that when there's not much water on window, really annoying! I'd splash out on some new blades.

Just put a new blade on, I replaced it the first day I got my car...

As I was going

BOSCH Areo Twin blade is the best I have ever used...

450mm and 530mm is what you need for a perfect fit for our car...

i bough them for around $ 25 each at supercheap auto!

cheers.

• 1 month later...

know what you are saying exactly -- annoying stutter! mainly on intermittent ... dont think its the blades .... any luck finding out why?

My dad's V35 sedan does this as well, stutters on intermittent. No idea why, but seems different to the shudder you get from old blades.

I haven done any more research into my problem. I just dont use the intermitant. Its very weard as some times I think thyat it is the way it is controlled. Now and then I will get a quick 2 wipes in the int function.

I was going to pull them apart and see if I could reduce the slop.

By the time I get around to it I wont them anyway

Mine had this problem when I bought it, I pulled the mechanism out and found the plastic ball cup was worn/broken. I replaced them with rose joints, then they worked smooth.

I have one spare plastic cup now.

The assy isnt hard to get out to check.

Mine had this problem when I bought it, I pulled the mechanism out and found the plastic ball cup was worn/broken. I replaced them with rose joints, then they worked smooth.

I have one spare plastic cup now.

The assy isnt hard to get out to check.

The problem with me is that I dont have time to be messing around with it.

I will try to get onto it this weekend.

Whats a rose joint?

The problem with me is that I dont have time to be messing around with it.

I will try to get onto it this weekend.

Whats a rose joint?

Got to love google.

post-41854-1247045285_thumb.jpg

Nissan would be able to get the part, could be maxima? To do what I did will require modification. You have to drill the old ball out and tap a thread for the eye bolt used. Not hard if you have the tools.

• 4 years later...

Thread dig, but very relevant.

I have a similar problem, and possibly the same cause.

When the wiper changes direction at the bottom of it's travel there is a clunk. Shifting the wiper myself lets me move it about 100mm at the tip. I expect there is a linkage or the above mentioned bush flogged out somewhere giving the joint play.

Any guides or information on removing the assembly from under the plastic cover?

Never listen to Scotty when he says "easy enough to do"... if Nissan knew where he lived, they'd be there asking to borrow stuff all the time :P

Guys, this is a common problem for 2001-2003 stageas and skylines. you don't have so much dirt on the roads - so your wipers don't used to be as tired, as ours, and it is not common on your sterile roads)

you have to clean power distributor on the wiper's motor to remove gray dirt from the separating point oin the line, supporting the periodic duty!

just look for some pics

this is pic of my first Stagea. don't look at dirt - a wash engine room once in 3 month, but it has no affect...

h-45.jpg

h-43.jpg

h-44.jpg

That's not the issue with his though, the white bushes on the arms flog out on some cars allowing the blades to flop around like a slapper's arse. ;)

Never seen those contacts being a problem on the 80 or so V35's/Stagea's I have worked on, can't be a very common issue... Perhaps it's the snow buildup on the blades in winter over there causing excess current draw?

Scott, difficulties in translation) i missed with a problem)

the problem i wrote is only for 2001-2003 cars with mileage over 200 kkm - probably, you are right, hard work with snow matters

white bushes are too easy to find as a reason, for our severe circumstances)) - in Russia original spare arm with two bushes is around 10USD, replace and forget