SAU Community

2 Din Cheap Gps Audio

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought the eonon 1026A apparently there's a forum www.myeonon.com for problems etc, came with 1 year warranty did some research on the other eBay ones and eonon ones were the most reliable (the others aren't eonon and some come with outdated software, plenty of people complaining about the gps stuffing up) where as all the offroad guys at the patrol forums have been running these without dramas.

Anyone know where to get different/better maps? From research I believe it's as simple as loading the .exe file into the sd card and away you go... But may be incorrect

I believe you can just load the folder on to the SD card.

I haven't tried interchanging the GPS software over the two units I got yet though.

One came with July 2009 maps and IG08 or something like that as the software, the other unit came with Route66, TomTom and IG08 too.

The IG08 one looks the best and it's the one I use over the other ones.

If you'd like, I can pop my maps/software from the SD card in to a zip file and upload it for you.

If you'd like, I can pop my maps/software from the SD card in to a zip file and upload it for you.

Is there a chance I can get a copy of this too? I've got one on the way, pre-loaded with Aussie maps but I'd like an alternative option, just incase the GPS that comes with it sucks.

Cheers, Greg.

I believe you can just load the folder on to the SD card.

I haven't tried interchanging the GPS software over the two units I got yet though.

One came with July 2009 maps and IG08 or something like that as the software, the other unit came with Route66, TomTom and IG08 too.

The IG08 one looks the best and it's the one I use over the other ones.

I believe I have the same maps as yours then as it's July 2009 and ig08 as well the only thing I don't like about it is the speed camera and red light camera warnings which is a very annoying sound also if your over the limit it makes an annoying sound as well until your under, but it seems the speed limits are set at 66 for the 70 zone cameras. So I think I might try a few others and see.

Anyone up for a map exchange program? I have the following:-

road angel (2008 though, camera warnings are great and is quite decent looking)

tomtom 2009 (friend passed on to me, yet to try)

Also to add more info about these, every single function on mine works perfectly at the moment. Mine came with

iPod cable

USB cable for thumb drive

and tv antenna

all of which work perfectly. Surprisngly the iPhone Bluetooth works with this thing as well (as all other devices don't - stupid iPhone) and is so good to finally hear who your talking to rather than the exhaust... You can dial through the unit as well so everything is good for the price. I also never have to carry CDs anymore which is a bonus. The only thing now is to setup the audio so I get some decent sound but am yet to figure out how to set front to rear balance and a few small things. But overall I'm very happy with the unit so far!

Also to add more info about these, every single function on mine works perfectly at the moment. Mine came with

iPod cable

USB cable for thumb drive

and tv antenna

all of which work perfectly. Surprisngly the iPhone Bluetooth works with this thing as well (as all other devices don't - stupid iPhone) and is so good to finally hear who your talking to rather than the exhaust... You can dial through the unit as well so everything is good for the price. I also never have to carry CDs anymore which is a bonus. The only thing now is to setup the audio so I get some decent sound but am yet to figure out how to set front to rear balance and a few small things. But overall I'm very happy with the unit so far!

I found out with mine that the GPS voices only come out through the Front channel, it also paused the music in that channel when it spoke, so i swapped my front with the rear and faded all music to the rear (which is the front) now only the GPS Voice comes from the back and all music comes out of the good speakers in the front... works a treat.

Oh and all functions work on the Unit too :)

I believe I have the same maps as yours then as it's July 2009 and ig08 as well the only thing I don't like about it is the speed camera and red light camera warnings which is a very annoying sound also if your over the limit it makes an annoying sound as well until your under, but it seems the speed limits are set at 66 for the 70 zone cameras. So I think I might try a few others and see.

Anyone up for a map exchange program? I have the following:-

road angel (2008 though, camera warnings are great and is quite decent looking)

tomtom 2009 (friend passed on to me, yet to try)

When driving along casually, without needing voice guidance, you can touch the "antenna signal strength" which is at the very bottom left of the screen and it brings up a bunch of toggles.

Theres one with a speaker, that one will turn off sounds when you don't need it.. so even if there is a speed camera up ahead, it won't beep, but it will still give you the visual warning.

I'm up for a map exchange. I'll chuck all of mine on to PC and zip it to see how big it is.

anyone got this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

has a built in dvb-t tv tuner as well..

I bought this as a second unit

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=270439423461

It seems to be very similar.

Works a treat.. except TV reception on both units I got are restricted by the antenna to the point where I don't use the TV function. Later on down the track I'll look in to better antenna options.

I already enquired at Gary's Car Radio and they have in-glass aerial options for around $290 and a two piece in-bumper aerial where one sits across behind the front bumper and one across behind the rear bumper for $380 or something.

But that's not on my to-do list anytime soon haha.

Well Ive worked all functions out and everything working 100% my gps voice comes from all 4 speakers lol so I can't fade that out, I've tried a few maps but none are as good as the standard one. I will hunt BT late this week for some different maps

oh yeah you can also turn the beeps off completely which I've done

Just bought the eonon 1026A apparently there's a forum www.myeonon.com for problems etc, came with 1 year warranty did some research on the other eBay ones and eonon ones were the most reliable (the others aren't eonon and some come with outdated software, plenty of people complaining about the gps stuffing up) where as all the offroad guys at the patrol forums have been running these without dramas.

Anyone know where to get different/better maps? From research I believe it's as simple as loading the .exe file into the sd card and away you go... But may be incorrect

Ive just purchased the exact model was wondering how your going with yours, was it difficult to install and if anythings stuffed up

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came with an ipod cable that plugs into to the back of the HU, but I don't have an ipod so I don't worry about it. Mine is good so far, TV works whilst stationary but the reception breaks up when moving. Oh, I know nothing about earthing out the pink wire with the earth wire for the HU. That's just naughty and illegal!

DIN refers to the size of the HU. Normal size is 1DIN, the bigger ones with the 7" screen is a 2DIN.

lol.. i watched a customer take the eonon unit that we removed from his car the other day and throw it into the drain next to work...

i quote "i wish i'd have never bought this ebay piece of shit and listened to you in the first place".

happy with his pioneer AVIC now.

/end poo ebay stuff discussion.

Both of mine came with iPod cable to connect my iPod/iPhone to.

It also has AUX connections if you want to connect other things to it.

One of the units I got also plays music from the iPhone through bluetooth connection!

Single din is the one that fits in a single slot and it'll have a flip out 7" display.

Double din is one that fits two slots and won't need the display to flip in/out.

To bypass the handbrake, you just connect the wire labelled "brake" to a grounding point.

Still no problems with the units yet.

Edited by UnCo

• 1 month later...

So, I bought one of these HT-9001s model 2 din Ebay jobbies for our Pathfinder.

Egay

Heres how its gone so far ;)

It arrived within 48 hours of payment from an Aussie supplier which was good.

Had it installed today by a local 'Stereo shop'.....got bulk attitude from the shop once he saw the unit as its pretty much an exact copy of the Eclipse unit they sell for $2299.

Anyway he told me this probably wouldnt work and that probably would'nt work and so on before he'd even started the job....I said whatever just fit the unit and i'll sort the rest out later.

Sure enough when I went to pick it up, "We cant get any reception on the TV, and can't get the steering wheel controls to work".....but that'll be $350 for the install thanks......

For $200 the best aerial you can get is a BMW style one for the roof, they also do one in your front and rear bumper $150, and a window sticker one for $100, but all have slightly different connections to the one on the back of the unit.

I also notice the steering wheel control wires are not hooked up at all currently...but again they can sell me a box for around $240 that will solve that problem also............. ;)

I will try in the morning to connect the TV aerial and Steering wheel control wires to check for Bullshit.

But I have another problem with the GPS, it appears to to be stuck on the car stereo installers location which is really pissing me off!!!???

I can find places...but I cannot navigate anywhere as its stuck on there location, and tells me I cannot navigate due to my current parameters or some such BS.....

I have reset the unit, disconnected the battery, reset the satellite feed, taken out the SD card, but everytime I turn the GPS on it shows my location as the stereo shop and dosnt move...fantastic :D

Any ideas?

Everything else appears to work fine, it syncs with my iPhone, and the reverse camera also works well.

Heres a few pics:

4165466497_37b298da76_o.jpg

4165466407_90061ce767_o.jpg

4165466569_fb5a4be5d5_o.jpg

4166223442_fb65558d5c_o.jpg

4166223130_9d656a6bb4_o.jpg