SAU Community

V35 Stereo Upgrade

Hi All ,

Long time reader, just joined.

Just bought me a 350 GT-8. Loving every bit of it. :D Nice to know we've got a community dedicated to these magnificent cars.

Anyhow, i was thinking of doing an upgrade to the existing bose stereo. Nothing wrong with it, but would be nice if i can play mp3s

and such.

I was thinking of Pioneer AVIC-F800BT. That thing looks sweet!

Can someone point me to the right direction of getting it installed professionally in Perth? Would be nice if they've worked on the car before and knows exactly what they're doing and which fascia plate to get.

@ Chris : You seem to know a lot about the stereo upgrades for v35s. Any chance you might know someone down here?

Cheers

+1 Autotainment...

My car has had the GPS and satellite TV converted to AUS format and a supporting DVD unit installed, by Brian and the guys down there...

OK, called Brian, got a quote for $2000. This includes :

- Head Unit : JVC AVX810

- Amp : Kenwood 600 Watts

- Silver fascia Plate + dual zone AC controller

- Swix Steering wheel control adapter

- Labour

I thought it was a reasonable price since it seems like he knows his way around the V35s. So i went ahead with it. Installed it today, took him 10 hours.

While it sounds and looks good, to be honest, i miss the original look . The AC controller looks a bit crappy with grey rubber buttons. It' s missing the bracket around it to make it flush, cause it needs to be trimmed a bit so the unit can open. Here's some pic of it. Whadya guys think?

post-63310-1244464373_thumb.jpg

post-63310-1244464454_thumb.jpg

that is a very cheap quote for the fascia / buttons. he must have some aftermarket ones there, because the original nissan parts for the v35 cost somewhere in the vicinity of $1000 delivered.

(oh i re-read your post and to point out yes, the buttons are not supposed to be rubber, it does kinda look tacky! devalue the look somewhat..... you can buy the orginal buttons from japanparts.com)

Edited by BLISTC

(oh i re-read your post and to point out yes, the buttons are not supposed to be rubber, it does kinda look tacky! devalue the look somewhat..... you can buy the orginal buttons from japanparts.com)

Tell me about it! It's got an annoying feel to it when u push the buttons. hey here's an idea.. How bout instead of getting it from japan parts, can i just swap the buttons from my original fascia?

unfortunately you cant put your old unit back in, as the whole unit is connected to the bose stereo, hence the reason why they need to be replaced with the removal of the factory unit.

why didnt you get the dvd to be installed where the top of the climate control is (the premium models sat nav, info screen) since your model didnt have it i prefer to put it there so you couldve kept your original dash look.

that looks like a later car. the panel and correct contrls are roughly $1k. last set I sold was about that and those went to a customer in canberra.

wht you have is a metra kit. are the controls slow to respond?

Tell me about it! It's got an annoying feel to it when u push the buttons. hey here's an idea.. How bout instead of getting it from japan parts, can i just swap the buttons from my original fascia?

nope. its all one big board behind that panel. its OEM buttons (IE new controller) or nix.

that looks like a later car. the panel and correct contrls are roughly $1k. last set I sold was about that and those went to a customer in canberra.

wht you have is a metra kit. are the controls slow to respond?

No, not really. It just lacks the haptic feel of the original buttons. Man i should've done my home work first :happy:

But actually, now that i know the original can cost $1K, i don't think i could afford it anyway!

Overrall i'm 80 % Happy with it. The Lcd takes my attention away from the buttons :ninja:

In the future, say if i wanna sell the car, is it possible to install the original dash in with the bose and all?

If it's not, would it sell here? :)

+1 Autotainment...

My car has had the GPS and satellite TV converted to AUS format and a supporting DVD unit installed, by Brian and the guys down there...

did u use back your old tv from your v35 or u got yourself a new system ?

did u use back your old tv from your v35 or u got yourself a new system ?

I purchased the car with the tv and GPS already installed. It looks like the GPS has been converted to Australian maps, the tv i think is like a piggyback system that has plugged in to the original unit coz it has its own remote receiver and instructions for using the tv... but still goes thru the main oem console because if u disconnect the battery u have to set up the tv again thru the japanese menu buttons... I'll ask them about it this wkend as they're swapping the DVD unit as the first one they installed went dodgy after a couple of weeks (wouldn't read the dvd and had troubles ejecting and inserting the DVD)...

Ok, been testing the audio for a couple of days. Sounds okay, but the woofer sounds like it's gonna rip anytime soon. Maybe because the amp is 600 watts.

I was thinking of changing only the sub to something that can take the amps power a bit better. The thing is, my boot space is precious and i don't wanna put a bass tube or anything like that.

IIRC, the stock sub size is 10". So can i just get any sub that size and replace the existing one?