SAU Community

Group Purchase Gounding Kit

hey guys just putting my input. I have bought the kit from sxexcx's and put it onto my V35. Everything fit 100% and the only problem is the battery was on the other side. Therefore putting my idea i basically swap the connection the other way around.

sxexcx's instruction:

Wire #2 suppose to connect to the battery

Wire #8 suppose to connect to the Grounding point on the Brakes compartment.

My install:

Wire #2 connect to the grounding point on the brakes compartment

Wire #8 connect to the battery

The improvement i have is the Car definitely running much smoother and more responsive. The Auto Gear shift also crispier and noticeably quicker.

The DIY term is pretty easy install for the engine bay, except the Auto transmission point. You have to go underneath the car to install it.

I cannot provide the Dyno results as this mod is not to increase Horsepower/KW, but to improve the responsiveness and smoothness of the VQ35 and shifting time on the CVT Auto Transmission.

Also the kit should fit on the Sedan with VQ35 as well.

hope my review helps

Thanks so much!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey pw350GT,

Thanks for sharing that information man, really handy to know. You're in VIC right? We've gotta catch up with a couple of others sometime on a weekend for a meet and greet soon!!!

Well if you want colour choice AND more than just the basic grounding kit of 2 cables, then as I suggested before, contact Marty at FHRX. He's been making grounding kits for years and they usually come with a minimum of 6 cables. He also uses Stinger which is some of the best automotive cable available.

This is the kit I purchased for my Calais some moons ago, here is his correspondance when purchased this kit for $215AUD delivered.

I make them up here from scratch for each and every car. They include the

five lots of 4AWG runs that go from the rail to the different parts

of the car. The kit also includes the 0AWG that goes from the earth rail to

the negative terminal.

The cables usually go:

1. starter motor

2. shock tower

3. shock tower

4. head

5. plenum

They are all terminated with ring terminals except the starter motor wire,

which has a coupler on the end.

Regards

Marty

post-59606-1244337762_thumb.jpg

post-59606-1244337798_thumb.jpg

Hey pw350GT,

Thanks for sharing that information man, really handy to know. You're in VIC right? We've gotta catch up with a couple of others sometime on a weekend for a meet and greet soon!!!

yeh shall do.

:D

Well if you want colour choice AND more than just the basic grounding kit of 2 cables, then as I suggested before, contact Marty at FHRX. He's been making grounding kits for years and they usually come with a minimum of 6 cables. He also uses Stinger which is some of the best automotive cable available.

This is the kit I purchased for my Calais some moons ago, here is his correspondance when purchased this kit for $215AUD delivered.

post-59606-1244337762_thumb.jpg

post-59606-1244337798_thumb.jpg

hey mate,

how much do you think he would charge to install?

I'm not sure but keep in mind

1) it would be cheaper than what I quoted above IF you decide to have only 2-3 cable grounds as per the US kit.

2) It would be cheaper again if you do the GB thru' Marty (well you'd think so)

2) If Someone living in Sydney can have it installed by Marty they can take pix of the installation and post em up for all.

I'm not sure but keep in mind

1) it would be cheaper than what I quoted above IF you decide to have only 2-3 cable grounds as per the US kit.

2) It would be cheaper again if you do the GB thru' Marty (well you'd think so)

2) If Someone living in Sydney can have it installed by Marty they can take pix of the installation and post em up for all.

Thanks for the suggestion, but i think i will stay wif this kit, id get something made for OUR car rather then something custom, and the good thing about this kit is all the grounding points are all clear and the length of the kit is perfect for ours. and also the price, around $140-150AUD i don't think u can get any better ones in for that price. thanks

Thanks for the suggestion, but i think i will stay wif this kit, id get something made for OUR car rather then something custom, and the good thing about this kit is all the grounding points are all clear and the length of the kit is perfect for ours. and also the price, around $140-150AUD i don't think u can get any better ones in for that price. thanks

I think im gonna get someone to install the GB kit for me....I dont have the tools to start going under the car to install things.

just wondering how much it will cost, I'll call on Tuesday.

Cant wait for this kit to improve my AT gear changes!

how to fix the RHD and LHD issue? the battery will b in different side

how to fix the RHD and LHD issue? the battery will b in different side

read the review from pw350gt, he has installed this kit wifout any problems~ thanks

Each to their own I guess, but let me take a minute to digest your logic.

1) You want a kit made O/S by a forum member which in essence is a custom non-proprietry kit as it's not made by Stillen, HKS or Greddy!!!!!!!

2) The kit from the US is 8awg not 4awg as offered by the local "pro". ( btw 4awg is bigger than 8awg if you were wondering ).

3) The US kit has primarily 2 grounds but lots of runs of cable grounding "nothing", just piggybacking around the block. Look carefully at the pics of the US kit and compare to those on the FHRX site. To successfully ground the Alt/Batt/Starter etc they need to run directly to a grounding point on the chassis to be completely effective. With the FHRX kit each run is connected directly to ground.

I just can't visualise the US kit being as good or better than what Marty or any other proffesional Car Audio installer could do for you at the same price point.

just my 2c !!!!

Edited by mosoto

Each to their own I guess, but let me take a minute to digest your logic.

1) You want a kit made O/S by a forum member which in essence is a custom non-proprietry kit as it's not made by Stillen, HKS or Greddy!!!!!!!

2) The kit from the US is 8awg not 4awg as offered by the local "pro". ( btw 4awg is bigger than 8awg if you were wondering ).

3) The US kit has primarily 2 grounds but lots of runs of cable grounding "nothing", just piggybacking around the block. Look carefully at the pics of the US kit and compare to those on the FHRX site. To successfully ground the Alt/Batt/Starter etc they need to run directly to a grounding point on the chassis to be completely effective. With the FHRX kit each run is connected directly to ground.

I just can't visualise the US kit being as good or better than what Marty or any other proffesional Car Audio installer could do for you at the same price point.

just my 2c !!!!

I know this kit is 8awg and not 4awg, but anything more then 8awg is really a waste, im not using the wires to run ur hifi wif 1200w, and im also not as "pro" as u can tell by the pictures that "the cable grounding "nothing", and just "piggybacking" around"! im sure he made this 9 wires has to hav his reason.

and 4 the reason why im getting this kit, bcoz it is made for our car, and someone has gotten them here and having good reviews, so i don't get the point why not? even it's a custom kit, but he has been "custom"ed to many of our cars out there already, those FHRX, mayb they're very pro and knowing where to ground and grounding "something", but do they know our car more then the guy in US has done alot of them?!

thanks for ur 2c~ lol

I think im gonna get someone to install the GB kit for me....I dont have the tools to start going under the car to install things.

just wondering how much it will cost, I'll call on Tuesday.

Cant wait for this kit to improve my AT gear changes!

danny if you want i can help you install it if your in sydney and have a free weekend

i cant imagine it being too hard

i installed the Z tube myself, and i will be doing the plenum spacer too. might as well do this one also.

-mark

danny if you want i can help you install it if your in sydney and have a free weekend

i cant imagine it being too hard

i installed the Z tube myself, and i will be doing the plenum spacer too. might as well do this one also.

-mark

hey mate that sounds good, very kind of you.

too bad I don't have my plenum yet, since I missed out on the GB!

btw, was your car parked on Castlereigh Street in Sydney on Friday night?

the sydney people could have a Mini meet for the Install lol. It's seriously not hard to install. All you need is the size 10 spanner or Ratchet and some sharp knifes :thumbsup:

It is easier for the people that have the Manual as you don't need to get underneath the car to install the last point for the Auto Transmission.

I know this kit is 8awg and not 4awg, but anything more then 8awg is really a waste, im not using the wires to run ur hifi wif 1200w, and im also not as "pro" as u can tell by the pictures that "the cable grounding "nothing", and just "piggybacking" around"! im sure he made this 9 wires has to hav his reason.

and 4 the reason why im getting this kit, bcoz it is made for our car, and someone has gotten them here and having good reviews, so i don't get the point why not? even it's a custom kit, but he has been "custom"ed to many of our cars out there already, those FHRX, mayb they're very pro and knowing where to ground and grounding "something", but do they know our car more then the guy in US has done alot of them?!

thanks for ur 2c~ lol

Well said!

Just a couple more guys~````