SAU Community

R32 Rb25 Spark But No Fuel. Wont Start !

I put a RB25 S2 in my R32. We finished the wiring but only cranks and won't start. The engine is getting spark but no fuel. The fuel pump works fine but still noting. We put fuel in the intake and it start up fine. Im guessing the injectors arent firing. The grey wire gives 12V but when I try to start it it goes down to about 8V or lower. I still have to put a 12V wire on the VCT, AAC ect wire. Could this keep the injectors from firing?

Well, if the injectors are ticking, that means they should be working. THat's the sound of them opening. You say the pump works. How did you verify? Do you have good pressure? Did you actually check to see if it's getting to the rail? Did you put the fuel lines going into the rail backwards?

Have you got the fuel lines on the right way? (yes stupid question, I know)

Have you got fuel pressure? (just because the pump works doesn't measn you have pressure)

Have you got the fuel lines on the right way? (yes stupid question, I know)

Have you got fuel pressure? (just because the pump works doesn't measn you have pressure)

LOL its not that much of a stupid question....its been done HAHA.

I took the line of , cranked the engine and fuel came out of the line

Well, if the injectors are ticking, that means they should be working. THat's the sound of them opening. You say the pump works. How did you verify? Do you have good pressure? Did you actually check to see if it's getting to the rail? Did you put the fuel lines going into the rail backwards?

i measured the gray wire it shows it has 12 v .. and when i measure the ground wire it also shows 12v, when the key switch is on "run".

when I test the wires together (the gray wire, injector ground ) it shows around 2v , 3volt..(when the key switchis on "run") what could be the problem?

Did you double check to make sure your fuel lines aren't put on backwards? It happens a lot. That's why I mentioned it and blind elk echoed the same thing less than a minute later. Very common.

yes i double checked , they arent put on backwards, did you see my post about the voltage?

Did you double check to make sure your fuel lines aren't put on backwards? It happens a lot. That's why I mentioned it and blind elk echoed the same thing less than a minute later. Very common.

I first changed the fuel filter and removed the regulator and put the switch on "run", let it pump for 2 sec and then put it back on. After that I tried again and VRooommm !! I guess the rail (and injectors) were dirty. Tomorrow I'll clean then and hope that that.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Carlos

I put a RB25 S2 in my R32. We finished the wiring but only cranks and won't start. The engine is getting spark but no fuel. The fuel pump works fine but still noting. We put fuel in the intake and it start up fine. Im guessing the injectors arent firing. The grey wire gives 12V but when I try to start it it goes down to about 8V or lower. I still have to put a 12V wire on the VCT, AAC ect wire. Could this keep the injectors from firing?

swap the supply and return lines around.

• 12 years later...
On 6/12/2009 at 2:38 AM, BigC1988 said:

I first changed the fuel filter and removed the regulator and put the switch on "run", let it pump for 2 sec and then put it back on. After that I tried again and VRooommm !! I guess the rail (and injectors) were dirty. Tomorrow I'll clean then and hope that that.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Carlos

Hey so I’m having a similar issue is there anyway you can show me how you cleaned the fuel rail