SAU Community

Turbo For Nm35.what Is It Called?

mym35

Here is the answer from GCG (for my RB25DET - may be different for M35):

1) We use the factory bearing housing and modify it, we do not use a Garrett "cartridge" as such to replace the internals.

2) Exhaust wheel = Stage 3 T3

3) Compressor wheel = T04E

4) A/R is same as the factory housings that come on the vehicle from Nissan, we do not modify, or touch any of the external housings on this unit.

As we are the only people who can build these units in ball bearing, we don't like to give away too much detail, i'm sure you can understand.

Regards,

Michael Ramsay

Internal Sales

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, thanks for that Kiwi :P

Out of interest what model of Garrett (?) turbo is fitted to your RB25DET?

I was wondering if they were the same model that the M35 adopted.

I'm getting a bit excited in anticipation of my GCG High-flow :P

No the S1 Stagea turbo has a T3 flange but that may be the only thing in common. It doesn't seem to have a Garrett code on it, from memory it just says "Nissan" but its .40 A/R . The S2 had the neo engine with the GTT turbo with a bigger exhaust housing and the M35 as pictured earlier has M24N stamped on it as well as .60 A/R

Jetwreck has given me a rundown on what hassles I need to go through to remove the turbo and I'm not so sure I want to do it myself lol too much that can potentially go wrong and many things I can potentially break ;)

I think I might use a reputable workshop to do the dirty work, anyone got any suggestions of a workshop to approach for a estimate on doing it.

The turbo will probably be a week to two to get turned around, hopefully a workshop that can safely push the stagea to the side out of the way until the new turbo is ready to go back in would be ideal. I don't want to be getting the poor girl tray trucked all around the joint.

Since its such a mission to get the turbo in and out then its probably a good time to put at least the front pipe on the exhaust and knock the guts out of the cat!

I get my spare turbo tomorrow. Yah. :)

let the learning begin.

Woo hoo! Sounds good.

If you havn't done anything with it by the time I ready for high-flow I may be calling on you :P

I was thinking about what you said and I'm leaning towards the turbo out & in in one day, especially if I can line the exhaust up at the same time. Would be the easiest way, then it's off to SAS for a tune.

I may have secured an ECU, just waiting to confirm they have a VQ25DET not a VQ25DE, considering it's an Australian wreckers I highly doubt they have a VQ25DE Stagea Half-Cut so it should be right.

• 2 weeks later...
Woo hoo! Sounds good.

If you havn't done anything with it by the time I ready for high-flow I may be calling on you ;)

I was thinking about what you said and I'm leaning towards the turbo out & in in one day, especially if I can line the exhaust up at the same time. Would be the easiest way, then it's off to SAS for a tune.

I may have secured an ECU, just waiting to confirm they have a VQ25DET not a VQ25DE, considering it's an Australian wreckers I highly doubt they have a VQ25DE Stagea Half-Cut so it should be right.

were you right? :D

• 9 years later...

Does anybody on here have a turbo charger for sale for VQ25DET  Garrett M24N  mines stuffed and has a cracked exhaust casing.  Was about to get it rebuilt but they discovered this. 

Thanks!

5 hours ago, barnze said:

Does anybody on here have a turbo charger for sale for VQ25DET  Garrett M24N  mines stuffed and has a cracked exhaust casing.  Was about to get it rebuilt but they discovered this. 

Thanks!

Have you tried Joe Kyle? Or the four or five Nissan wreckers in Auckland?