SAU Community

180sx Vh45

Lol at Steve!! I think he was hanging on for life!?!

It did sound awesome out on the skid pan, induction=sweet!, And driving it at lunch, drifting in 2nd was heaps of fun :thumbsup:

lol at steveo

lucky I got a passenger ride before I ducked off for the day at texi

awesome car man :thumbsup:

awesome day, really good chance to learn how the car properly handles after the engine change. needs over come some under-steer, new suspension raising rear spring height and lowering the front a tad. well that and more grip!

• 1 month later...

after a little experiment, i found out my induction hood actually inducts air! from as little as 40km/h there positive pressure trying to make it way into the engine bay from the windscreen. now all i have to do is find a way to use it.

after a little experiment, i found out my induction hood actually inducts air! from as little as 40km/h there positive pressure trying to make it way into the engine bay from the windscreen. now all i have to do is find a way to use it.

Becareful with just letting air flow in from the bonnet, it can cause too much air pressure inside the engine bay and limit air flow through your radiator.

• 4 weeks later...

Becareful with just letting air flow in from the bonnet, it can cause too much air pressure inside the engine bay and limit air flow through your radiator.

I've already noticed it, it behaves it self a lot better at texi's than it does on the road. it gets hot, not too hot just a tad more than normal, and it starts idling at 1500rpm to speed up a clutch fan that no longer exists. I'll have to block the induction hood up until i find a way to use it.

next on the cards is suspension work mainly involving putting the R32 GTR cradle in, and get new rims, thinking 17*8 front and 17*9 rear. needs a lot more grip!

• 2 weeks later...

3.7 ratio diff is in! lot more legs now and more fuel economy. has a cool diff whine that increases as your speed does, kinda sounds like a straight cut gear set. hope this doesn't mean it'll go bang though.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...