SAU Community

180sx Vh45

i rang camtech in Sydney they told they are willing to to a regrind for me, i just have to send a set of cams down to them so they can see what sort profile they can do. now i just have find a second engine.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd love a set of R34 GTR rims for my wagon.....DIBS IF YOU WANT TO SELL THEM!!!!!

Lol. I sold them to him from my car. He was a bit iffy at first but in a short time he loved the look :)

Lol. I sold them to him from my car. He was a bit iffy at first but in a short time he loved the look :)

yeah, it seems everything gtr was made for a 180sx upgrade.

since the brake and driveline upgrade, i've bought a second engine that had water in one of the bores to make the cams with. i since spoken to kelford cams in nz who where more helpful than camtech. kelford said they would test the cams for defects and then make a decision of how much they can grind them and to what duration. where camtech said they don't do that and i must tell them how to grind.

i'm also going to use the second engine to test engine internals from other cars to see sr20 rods fit and that the arp rod bolts and head studs fit and if sr20 cam cap bolts.

If your going na power, some guys in the states are looking at going with Honda rods and motorcycle short skirt pistons.... Shedding kilos of rotating mass. Might be worth looking at?

... On a serious note though, Jim wolf have done a lot of testing with vh cams.

Are we likely to see some short velocity stacks under that cowl? Maybe a little gas?

J.

• 2 weeks later...

got the old r32 brake master cylinder replaced today, swapped with a brembo spec r33 gtr master.

top one is the old r32 spec 15/16 bore and the bottom is the installed brembo r33 bm57 1-1/16 bore.

pretty much instant braking response now, just have to worry about the daydreaming idiots behind me now. (well...more so)

post-38774-0-01814800-1393660194_thumb.jpg

post-38774-0-26249600-1393660227_thumb.jpg

One of the SAU Traders Halfod Motors has new BM57 (e.g. 17/16 bore) master cylinders in 2 and 3 port models for $149 and $139 delivered free.

This is much cheaper than buying a second hand one and then trying to get a kit to recondition it

Thanks Charles,

I pretty much came to that conclusion after my own searching tonight! The BM50 would probably be better, but runs a hefty price as a non abs.

Being a rps13, mine has a bm44, so it's better than the early models bm33, but I don't think they are up to the brembo fronts and twin piston rears.

So I think I might give the 57 a go- cheap and easy to get in Non abs.

Actually splits the port via a tee to both front wheels, rear is single line to the back and splits at the back :D

So bias is set as per factory for front to rear.

He just needs to source a new connector plug to suit the BM57 reservoir (as they are different manufacturers) so that the low level warning light works.

• 3 weeks later...

yesterday and today we started doing some over due maintenance on the vh45, new injectors and replacing the leaking rocker cover gaskets. the old injectors were so old they gone white, this should make it run smooth as silk.

post-38774-0-23818000-1395539976_thumb.jpg

new injectors, nissan wanted upwards of $400 each for them i managed to buy them on ebay for $400 total from america

post-38774-0-63217000-1395540039_thumb.jpg

one of the new injectors was dead, not happy but at least it was number one cylinder and can be removed with out taking off anything else. We put one of the old injectors in instead, luckily it seems we managed to find one that's not miss firing. ordered two more to be safe.

one of the new injectors was dead, not happy but at least it was number one cylinder and can be removed with out taking off anything else. We put one of the old injectors in instead, luckily it seems we managed to find one that's not miss firing. ordered two more to be safe.

I like how u say we, when its really just sean :P

• Like 1