SAU Community

Spotted At Nurburgring

Hi Guys Have just come back from holiday...A Big boys trip Isle of Man, Porsche Museum and a couple of days at Nürburgring Did the Hot Lap in a Porsche RS via these guys http://rsrnurburg.com/index.php My guy, Ron said we hit 295 kph down the back straight :P Chatting to one of the instructors that had been involved with the GTR Launch said they are a great car, quick but heavy and will only last a couple of laps of the Nürburgring track then need to have parts replaced :down: We also and a lap in the BMW M5 I missed having Sabine as our pilot but my mates got her :) see www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=121631 for more details. The group of eight went back on Sunday which is the open to the public day I spotted two Nissan R35's Both black One had Maine number plates and the other not sure Sorry I didn't see them out on the track :down: By the time we left in the car park was crawling with way cool cars and bikes waiting to get some track time....We also did a track walk this was me just a week or so ago http://rsrnurburg.com/index.php?option=com...2&Itemid=39 :D

post-19025-1245746223_thumb.jpg

post-19025-1245746933_thumb.jpg

post-19025-1245747827_thumb.jpg

Edited by bmwpaul

Chatting to one of the instructors that had been involved with the GTR Launch said they are a great car, quick but heavy and will only last a couple of laps of the Nürburgring track then need to have parts replaced :blink:

Like what? Engine and tranny fluids? lol

Ask Tony Quinn what he had to replace on his R35 GT-R after winning Targa (which was over 500km's in competative length on roads a lot more agressive on the car than what the Nurburgring is - I have done both so I know!)

Hi Guys Have just come back from holiday...A Big boys trip Isle of Man, Porsche Museum and a couple of days at Nürburgring Did the Hot Lap in a Porsche RS via these guys http://rsrnurburg.com/index.php My guy, Ron said we hit 295 kph down the back straight :) Chatting to one of the instructors that had been involved with the GTR Launch said they are a great car, quick but heavy and will only last a couple of laps of the Nürburgring track then need to have parts replaced :down: We also and a lap in the BMW M5 I missed having Sabine as our pilot but my mates got her :P see www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=121631 for more details. The group of eight went back on Sunday which is the open to the public day I spotted two Nissan R35's Both black One had Maine number plates and the other not sure Sorry I didn't see them out on the track :down: By the time we left in the car park was crawling with way cool cars and bikes waiting to get some track time....We also did a track walk this was me just a week or so ago http://rsrnurburg.com/index.php?option=com...2&Itemid=39 :)

"BOLLOCKS" spot the pretender

Awesome!

Looks like the R35 GTR is a regular at the N-Ring, hence the N-Ring sticker on the rear.

Im sure you can buy them on line but there is s Nurburring Fan shop in Adenau and another one a little furher down the road close to the track at the cafe/ hang out Fan Shop. I bought some for about 6 Euros per sticker. If you are cool you will have one on your car..... :)

"BOLLOCKS" spot the pretender

A Pretender How so? I was at Nurburgring I did the Porsche hot laps, with the Ron from RSR. I did the BMW M5 Hot laps saw the two way cool Black R35's and took the pics for you and I do love them and all did was to report on what I heard from Dale Lomas from RSR The guy that did the laps at the Ring for the launch! Nothing more nothing less! :)

A Pretender How so? I was at Nurburgring I did the Porsche hot laps, with the Ron from RSR.....

How so?

Chatting to one of the instructors that had been involved with the GTR Launch said they are a great car, quick but heavy and will only last a couple of laps of the Nürburgring track then need to have parts replaced

Do you believe that?

"BOLLOCKS"
Ask Tony Quinn what he had to replace on his R35 GT-R after winning Targa (which was over 500km's in competative length on roads a lot more agressive on the car than what the Nurburgring is - I have done both so I know!)

....What they said^^^

Like what? Engine and tranny fluids? lol

Or the Targa West winning car.

I think one also one an NZ Targa?

Its funny how they're all supposed to just break yet the guys oushing them the hardest have not many probs.

• 2 weeks later...