SAU Community

4 Door R33 Skyline owners look here

akira

Hey Guys,

We all know that mechanically that 2 door and 4 door skylines are basically the same right?

When installing my suspension, I discovered that a rear Strut Brace off a 2 door wont fit a 4 door variant.

Please post here any other minor differences U have discovered between a 2 and 4 door.... :)

• Like 1

Hey again steve,

Suspension kits, coilovers, shocks and front strut tower braces are definately the same. Rear shocks are also same between 2 and 4 door. Just design of rear shock assembly differs, hence no rear strut tower brace needed.

Exhaust system looks identical between the 2 but I purchased the car with turbo back 3"freeflow exhaust so not 100% sure.

BTW, the diff housing differs slightly between R33 Auto and manual. I'm having trouble putting my 4.11 ( thought it was 3.9 but it was 4.11)from a manual non ABS R33 2 door into a Auto R33 4 door with ABS.

I'll have 2 wait until the manual conversion happens before i can install this diff centre.

The ABS sensors R giving us a headache....back 2 the drawing board.

Its turning out 2 be 1 big learning process 8O

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Longtime, Resurecting Thread, But i Think its needed.

R33 S2 Coupe Headlights dont fit S2 4 door, without modification to Loom, and Modification to Radiator Support

Washer Bottle Is mounted Right where Intercoolers Go, unless you go the JJR Stealth or ARC Style Kits.

battery in s2 4 doors, is mounted in Engine bay, however s1 4 doors, has them in the boot like the coupes.

The A Pillars are also slightly wider, which means the Greddy Guage Pods etc.. Dont fit without mods.

• Like 1

Greedy intercooler kits over come the washer bottle problem. I know it was a long time ago but there is no real reason to run a rear strut brace, all ready plenty of strength back there I think.

Does anyone know about cages? If anything can be slightly modified to fit? or if anyone sells them.

I have an built in esky type thing my boot. Is this a normal thing for the sedans or coupes?

an "Esky type thing" ?

you mean you have a drinks cooler built in to your boot? pretty sure thats NOT stock

Ok, so here are some photos of my drinks cooler (I presume??) and yes it is "stock". Obviously some type of factory option, maybe someone with an 33 options list could help me out here? Got to remember Nissan offered things like roof racks, umbrellas and other crazy shit with the skylines.

post-19787-1222386667_thumb.jpg

post-19787-1222386678_thumb.jpg

Seriously... TooBad. It is worth the extra coin to get yourself a proper intercooler kit like GReedy and save yourself the hassle and embarrassment that I presume comes with owning a shitty china copy.

These kits have EVERYTHING that you'll need including instructions even how to bend the horns perfectly out of the way. You won't be out there trying to cut your cooling fans fins (no shit..see it happen) to make the crappy pipes fit nor adjusting and re-welding dodgy brackets to hold everything in place.

They are f**ken fantastic :P

The below picture shows that the stock washer bottle can also be kept with an easy ad on bracket but GReedy do supply a smaller washer bottle if you are too lazy to make up this bracket.

post-19787-1222387209_thumb.jpg

Edited by gunmetalgrey

i have a s2 33 4 door and bought a china cooler kit (stupid i know but i had to completley butcher my front bar and completly remove the fog/indicator assemblys.:( also had to remove my underguard washer bottle and havent been able to find anything to suit since..... let alone any room to fit a washer bottle seeing my battery is in the spot where a 2 door washer bottle would be.

any solutions???

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When installing my suspension, I discovered that a rear Strut Brace off a 2 door wont fit a 4 door variant.

Rear strut brace does fit, have one in my 33 seriesII sedan. Just drilled holes in strut towers, couple of panel bolts and body washers did the trick. The factory braces were actually a dealership option on the coupes, except GTR's