SAU Community

4 Door R33 Skyline owners look here

akira

Resurrecting this thread again as ive started a S1 build. So far ive found:-

Rear speaker mounts (plasic bits) are different. Fronts are the same

Door mirrors are different...the outer bit that moves when folding apears the same but the part that bolts to the door is different.

Front and read screens are different

Rear bar and pods are different

Areals the same but the bracket on the botton is about 2mm different length

Boot plastics. Sides and rear are different. As is the brackets o the tail lights that mount them..I dont have a floor to tell yet. Battery covers the same but

Parcel shelt is about an inch amd a half deeper

Rear seats are different but can be made fit..I replaced the panel behind the seat with a coupe one (had to straighten it somewhat but it gave me the height of the hooks the back of the rear seat locks into). Then drill out the spotwelds of the 2 outer hooks and rerivet to the new height...coupe back seats are a bit narower to so youll have a 10mm gap down each side.

S2 coupe headlights drop straight into the S1 sedan (weird cause they dont fit properly in a S2 sedan)

Coupe locks can be used all round but the boot lock needs to be striped down to just the barrel

Carpet. The only difference is the location of the strips on the side rhat hook on and the coupe has the 2 holes where the front seatbelts attach to the J shaped bar thingy

Rear wipers are interchangeable to

Thats all I can think of for now....

PS my dash harness was hacked up so ive put a coupe one in...tail lights, blinkers, interior light(triggered by back doors), rear windows and areal etc worked. But central locking needed wiring in.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I have just bought a R33 sedan, that needs a few things, i'm wondering if anyone knows if the sedan and coupe share the same of the same items:

S2 Bonnet

Interior A piller trims

Front seats

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

anyone know if the rear seats are the same as 2dr?

No coupe seats are about 15mm smaller each side and the mounts for the top half are different (the are easy to modify but)

Panel behind back weat is differet to, flatter (can be swaped for above with work)

Exhaust will fit but a bit shorter

Bracket on the bottom of areal is different

Most boot trims are different. Gap between lights is smaller

Parcel sheld if about 25mm deeper

Rear speaker pods are different but fronts are the same

Only difference in floor carpet is tye clip/chanels down the sides and the coupe has 2 holes for the bottom of the seatbelts

S2 coupe headlights droped straight in my s1 sedan

S2 coupe front panels went on my s1 sedan no dramas. Even used the s1 reo and got everything to line up

Rear cradles are definitely the same

Rear pods are longer on the sedan

Coupe wings (drift,normal and M spec) wings wont fit

Front and rear windscreens are very different

Dash and centre console are the same

Front seats are interchangable BUT sedan seats dont flip foreward in one hit like coups do...and sedans have adjustable lumbar support instead of adjustable wings

Rear bars are different (longer)

Dash harness is different (missing a few wires for the rear doors). I put a s1.5 dash and front harness in my s1 sedan. Can be modified to work if your desperate.

Front passengers window switch is swapable as is the handle it mounts on

Pretty sure the roof lining is different (windscreen shape) but I cant confirm as I havnt swaped em

Roof wings are different

Diffs are the same between short and long nose..ie a short nose coupe diff will fit a short nose sedan setup

That's all I can think of atm

• Like 1

Hello,

I have just bought a R33 sedan, that needs a few things, i'm wondering if anyone knows if the sedan and coupe share the same of the same items:

S2 Bonnet

Interior A piller trims

Front seats

Thanks!

S2 coupe bonnet will fit a s2 sedan but for a s1 sedan you wull have to change the grill and better to do the bar and headlughta or it just dont look right

A pillar trims are completly different (I might have some in a couple of weeks at doyalson nsw)

Front seats...short answer is yes but see above post

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Regarding the mirrors, if you need to replace the mirrors on your sedan, make sure you keep the base plate (the part that bolts to the door). The rest of the mirror is interchangeable.

So when replacing, you will need to unscrew everything and butcher the wiring to remove and replace the base plate. Use crimp connectors unless you dodgy like me and you individually twist/wrap and bind the wiring.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Regarding the mirrors, if you need to replace the mirrors on your sedan, make sure you keep the base plate (the part that bolts to the door). The rest of the mirror is interchangeable.

So when replacing, you will need to unscrew everything and butcher the wiring to remove and replace the base plate. Use crimp connectors unless you dodgy like me and you individually twist/wrap and bind the wiring.

U mean using coupe mirrors on a sedan?

U mean using coupe mirrors on a sedan?

the outside bit yea..you have to use the triangular part that bolts to the sail from a sedan but the guts (motor glass etc) and the outside shell are the same..i had trpuble gettimg sedan mirrors that fold in and out. Just pull em apart and swap the triangular bit and your good to go

Ganadors dont sit right on a coupe anyway...my mates got em and personally i think the fitments crap. Hangs over the window opening by 15mm or so..maybe with some work theyd fit right..but depends hownkeen you are :)

Edited by BundyBear

• 1 month later...

So I've done some looking this seems to be the best thread for my question and I can't se a direct response anywhere either. I have a S1 334 door and want to fit a cage, will the cages for a 2 door fit, it seems form what is said here that they will, but cusco used to make a 33 4 cage, now discontinued. I'd like the back seats to be accessible, even if impractical. Anyone got some info or tech on this, or if ceffy or other model cages fit?