SAU Community

Ben's R32 Gtst Build

sav man

futurama_good_news_everyone.jpg

Fuchs oil saved the day! only damage was bigend bearing #1 started to come apart, but it didn't spin, and didn't mark the crank. So all I need to do is replace the bearings and it's good to go

Are those bushes one piece or two? I've been using bushes similar to the link below for around 8 years will no issues. My car isn't a track car, but is driven reasonably hard at times...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SuperPro-Caster-Rod-Bushes-S13-S14-S15-R32-R33-R34-Z32-/170725212086?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c003ffb6

The current ones are 2 piece, but i've also killed a set of single piece ones. they are the softest part on the front suspension, so it's understandable that they are the first to fail under circuit loads

• 1 month later...

My 20 cents worth;

A GTR (4wd) front swaybar won't fit a GTST (2wd).

I was looking back through this for some info, and I came across this. Fun fact, a GT-R swaybar does fit on a Gtst. I don't run one, but I recently fitted one up to another Gtst.

I was looking back through this for some info, and I came across this. Fun fact, a GT-R swaybar does fit on a Gtst. I don't run one, but I recently fitted one up to another Gtst.

Beauty, i've been looking for a while for confirmation on this.

Did you end up going for speedflow fittings on the cooler or go full braid?

I'll keep on with the pushlock fittings, but i'll replace the sus one with a speedflow one. I'm still waiting for my bearings to arrive, they are made in Launceston by ACL, shipped to the mainland, then bought back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been working on the car but forgetting to update the thread, the car is currently on jack stands with the engine out. I just sent the shocks off for a revalve, and I shoudl have the engine back together this weekend.

Sounds good Ben our fiat is still not ready hehe we had to build a new one for this year as the old red one collapsed in the strut mounts.

What car is your old man running this year?

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have finally got my engine back together. just waiting on getting the flywheel buzzed, and it can go back in the car.

8C850726-35DE-442D-9DDF-441045D06EF4-8228-00000B51AA36F8A6_zpsde09f3b1.jpg

Shocks are back from being re-valved, and are back in the car.

2C06EAAA-EE13-4219-8A68-70D75BE4F31D-8228-00000B51BD30D65A_zps452cd0c5.jpg