SAU Community

Octane Supercar Events - Qld Raceway July 10

Jamezilla

Hi all

My name is James (ex SAU Vic President etc), and I run national operations and event logistics for The Supercar Club.

octane-lambo.jpg

OCTANE Supercar Events is a new product from The Supercar Club. At our track days you can ride in or drive one of our European Supercars at racetracks around Australia.

We recently ran a day at Eastern Creek, and this coming Friday 10 July will be at 'Willowbank' Queensland Raceway in Ipswich.

www.supercarevents.com.au

The event is similar to the V8 Race experiences where you can buy a voucher to drive one of the cars. The instructor takes you for a few laps then you change places and you get to drive the car at speed on the track. At QR you'll be doing 8-10 laps. The cars are not modified in any way - they are real supercars.

octane-gt3.jpg

Cars are: Lotus Exige S, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche 997 GT3, Audi R8, Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale, Lamborghini Gallardo and as a special offer to QLD car club and forum members (it is not listed on the website)... an R35 GTR!

octane-gtr.jpg

There are also hot-lap rides in the Ariel Atom, driven by a certain driver in a white race suit...

Prices range from just $199 (for the Atom)

octane-r8.jpg

I'd love to see some of you there!

I'm happy to answer any questions in the thread or by email - [email protected]

Places are limited (I know the GTR is filling up fast) so to book - call Crystal on 1300 798 900 or email her on [email protected]

More info on the website - www.supercarevents.com.au

Cheers

James

BTW: mods please let me know if there is any issue with this post, being a commercial business and all. Just wanted to let people know it was on.

octane-gt3.jpg

Good looking driver, where did you find him?

Guys these days are a BLAST! You'd be crazy to miss out! Thats me in the GT3 at Eastern Creek, its just SO much fun

I can't agree enough with Steve, if you can get the time to get out there and spend a few bucks you will discover just why they are Supercars.

James is a top guy and a great mate of mine as well, so it's worth it just to get out there for a chat.

James, depending on how I'm doing mate I'll be out there, and if I'm feeling alright I'll get the credit card out and have one last set of laps before I go in for my pain management/neural stimulator implant surgery. I'd love to get behind the wheel but I think that will be beyond me.

Hi all

Last chance booking today!

I'm heading up to Brisbane now to get everything set up, so forward any questions or bookings to Crystal on [email protected].

To answer some of the more common questions I've been getting...

octane-atom.jpg

1. you need to be over 16 to be a passenger and over 18 to be a driver

2. the number of laps of QR will depend on each driver but your session in the car is about 15 mins (so approx 8-10 laps)

3. we are running the FULL circuit at QR (not the Clubman short track)

4. all cars are standard, there are no speed or rev limiters other than what comes from the factory

5. the GTR is a Japanese import version with a COBB ECU tune

6. the Ferrari has an F1 transmission, the GTR has a dual-clutch paddle system, everything else is a 6-speed manual

It looks like it will be a great day - even the weather seems to be coming to the party!

oct-cs.jpg

NOTE that this is your LAST CHANCE to do this in Queensland for 2009. So don't miss out!

See you at the track!

James

Hock your bike, sell your girlfriend or teenage niece into slavery or even sell all those parts you were planning to fit to your car. The niece will only be a pain later anyway.

Just getting to see so many exotics in one place is a rush.

Seeing and hearing them on the rivet at a track gives you that warm tingly feeling all over, no matter how cool you try to play it.

Knowing that a chance to get behind the wheel is within reach of your hip pocket - priceless.

We all know the love of Skyline, and there is no denying the giant killing ability of a GTR but the sensation of sliding reverently into an honest to goodness mega-buck Supercar sticks in the memory like your first time in bed with a gorgeous sex goddess.

Sure, you will be addicted but when the crew are all rattling off stats and dollar values at the next coffee break you can smile quietly and simply know why they cost as much as they do.

See you all tomorrow. I'll be the idiot with the grin.

James, there is one question I'm sure everyone wants an answer for. What time?

BTW I saw the Supercar Club Steve Johnson Falcon GT there yesterday on its trailer. No time for a piccy but it looked very nice.